Do you want someone to record drums for you? Then ask me

• Thread starter Weimat01
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Weimat01

Reaction score
Hey,
I would be keen to write and record (or just record) drums for anyone thats interested. I'm happy to play any style of music and I won't charge anything for it I just want to do it for experience and to be part of making some (hopefully) awesome music. I play guitar too (hence why i'm a member here) but I am a much more accomplished drummer. Post here or send me a PM if your interested.
cheers Matt

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ShadowFactoryX

OMNIHILITY
Reaction score
matt i like you am primarily a drummer
i've contemplated this idea before as well, but i do not have the proper recording gear for a quality drum recording.

but this idea would help if you had some vids or recording samples for sure

VBCheeseGrater

not quite a shredder
Reaction score
Man I really need to get into digital recording, i would love to lay down some guitar to something like this.

Weimat01

Reaction score
I was planning to record something a couple of weeks ago to put on here so you guys could see my playing, but I haven't had the chance. I'll try and get around to setting up my mics and getting something recorded soon.

@vbshredder I am going to be close mixing the acoustic drums and using overheads.

iRaiseTheDead

Ashes Of Rebirth
Reaction score
I was planning to record something a couple of weeks ago to put on here so you guys could see my playing, but I haven't had the chance. I'll try and get around to setting up my mics and getting something recorded soon.

@vbshredder I am going to be close mixing the acoustic drums and using overheads.

Winning.

oddcam

Reaction score
So can I try to make up the most ridiculous part in the world and get you to play it?

Weimat01

Reaction score
So can I try to make up the most ridiculous part in the world and get you to play it?

If you write the most ridiculous part in the world then I will give you the most ridiculous attempt of the most ridiculous part in the world, just to be fair :)

Ps if you actually want to write something challenging that isn't impossible I would be prepared to give it a go

Weimat01

Reaction score
Here are a couple of quick samples I recorded after setting up my drum mics. They are really rough, I haven't set the levels yet and I haven't played around with positioning of the mics so its just to get an idea of what it will sound like. One of the tom mics isn't working too.

I jammed for a while and just uploaded a couple of snippets, so don't pay too much attention to my playing in the clips, they're just to demonstrate how the recording sounds.

Clip 1 by Weimat01 on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free
Clip 2 by Weimat01 on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free
Clip 3 by Weimat01 on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Let me know what you think of them

ikarus

Reaction score
Maybe I have something for you in the near future.
I've sent you a friend request. ;-)

Weimat01

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Thanks for the responses so far. I've been so busy with uni and work that I haven't had time to do any recordings yet. I also want to get another tom mic (as one stopped working) before I start recording. When I'm ready I'll record a drum cover and post it up here so you can see my playing. I'm really sorry about not recording anything yet as I promised, but life is hectic at the moment. If your interested you can still ask me about recording, but when the time comes I think i'll have to be picky about what I chose to record -Matt

')