Does a band like this exist?

• Thread starter Jango
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jango

Reaction score
Liked: Corelia, SYL, Volumes, Sikth, Textures
Eh/Not what i'm looking for: The Contortionist, Danza (Vocals aren't what I'm looking for)
What: Ripping Corpse

Edit: What i'm looking for in terms of vocal style is a good mixture of high screams and higher (maybe falsetto?) clean vocals. I know Rody's voice is pretty unique, but was hoping for something similar to be out there...

PyramidSmasher

Chess Dragon
Reaction score
God Falls? Female guitarist too.

You have to hear all this next song to hear what I mean, because the first while of it is kind of generic.

Kr1zalid

Archrocker
Reaction score
I'll try to say something, try The End, Iwrestledabearonce and Yakuza...

PyramidSmasher

Chess Dragon
Reaction score
Good call on SikTh whoever said it. I dont think of them as being the same kind of Groove ATB is though, they dont ride low ass strings very often.

EdgeC

Songs in C#
Reaction score
Do yourself a favour and check out Sylosis - Edge of the Earth album.

Empyreal and Awakening would by my track picks so far but they're all awesome.

gunch

goof-ass
Reaction score
Definitely check out The End, their first EP and first full-length. Their second is a sellout Tool ripoff though.

skeels

..to pay the beels
Reaction score
Lotta good recommendations in this thread- love that about this site. My old band Decapitado has a great singer that you might dig- fits the description you gave pretty well- check out the myspace page for some material. Yeah, is it a shameless plug if the band's not together anymore?

ZeroS1gnol

Reaction score
Definitely check out The End, their first EP and first full-length. Their second is a sellout Tool ripoff though.

...their last record is one of my favorite albums ever. There are no elaborate 10 minute songs on it and only one song having a 1 note 'quasi-tool-like-riff' does not make it a tool ripoff.

But not pth/atb stuff though.

Latest posts

')