Does a Girl have to have similar tastes in music as you?

• Thread starter scottro202
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

So?

• YES, or else I wouldn't consider her.

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • to a certain extent

Votes: 56 27.6%
  • Preferred, but not neccesary

Votes: 90 44.3%
  • not at all

Votes: 50 24.6%

• Total voters

scottro202

I'm walkin' here!!!
Reaction score
title says all.

I say yes. she doesn't have to like every band I like, but she should probably like at least stuff as heavy as Zeppelin. But, I found a girl who digs Dream Theater :wub: And I introduced her to Opeth, and I told her about Arch Enemy. :shred:

Poll comin soon

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ILdÐÆMcº³

Reaction score
No, I physical attractiveness, not too much disease in her family history, and base intelligence/personality are what I look for.

wannabguitarist

Contributor
Reaction score
Not at all, hell none of my friends have the same music tastes that I do. Finding a girl with them should be near impossible.

ILdÐÆMcº³;1336193 said:
not too much disease in her family history
:lol:

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
It's not necessary, but a girl with good taste in music definitely gets bonus points. If she happens to be a decent musician, too, then that's just hot.

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
Not necessary, but if a girl I dug likes some music I like, that's bonus points.
If she played an instrument and wants to jam with me, more points:D

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
Woa, I didn't even read half your post:lol:
I didn't even see the bit about you digging a chick who is a musician.
I've never actually gone out with a chick that plays an instrument, kinda sucks although to be fair I haven't exactly had many relationships:lol:
I'd actually prefer if a chick didn't play the same instrument as me, weird I know, but I think it would make for a good dynamic if she played bass, or even piano, just anything else except guitar.

poopyalligator

Dr.Poopyalligator
Reaction score
For me they have to be at least somewhat interested in it, or atleast willing to tolerate it. My life pretty much revolves around music, so i think it would be hard for her otherwise if she didnt share some sort of interest in it. Obviously you take the time to do stuff with her and share her interests, but without at least a small interest I just dont think it would work.

Ze Kink

the black wizards
Reaction score
My girlfriend was originally interested in two people at school, the one she knew from Last.fm called Ze Kink whom she had a super match with, and me who wore shirts of bands she liked and had long hair. Then she found out I was both :lol:

Only to a certain extent though, as I listen to a lot of stuff that very few people here listen to, and some of it is pretty extreme too. Still, I listen to music almost all of the time, and if she can't stand it, there might be problems.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
Around here, I'd be lucky to find a girl that listens to the same kind of music as me at all. And even if I did, she'd probably have some other gaping personality flaw.

Like me!

So no, not required, at least not for me.

Joel

Reaction score
Nope, in my opinion its not really required at all... In fact, i have been with my current girlfriend for over two years now and I would be surprised if she knew what type of music I liked :rolleyes:... We dont really see music as an important part of our relationship...:shrug:

hufschmid

Banned
Reaction score
that would be a dream come true..... :lol:
i never met any girl who enjoyed the music i was listening too:lol:

Slayer89

The Demon Barber
Reaction score
Not necessary, but my girlfriend does dig a few bands I like, and also plays bass/guitar, plays WoW (actually got me into it), and plays Magic with me (I got her into it) ... so we are one very happy, nerdy couple. :D

stuh84

The Viking himself
Contributor
Reaction score
For me they have to be at least somewhat interested in it, or atleast willing to tolerate it. My life pretty much revolves around music, so i think it would be hard for her otherwise if she didnt share some sort of interest in it. Obviously you take the time to do stuff with her and share her interests, but without at least a small interest I just dont think it would work.

+1 sir

The worst relationships I've had have been with people who have had awful taste in music. The best I've had have been with people who have either loved my music, or introduced me to a lot (I was with a death metal chick who got me into Behemoth, Neuraxis, Avulsed, Vital Remains, Kataklysm etc).

It sounds shallow, but I'm not one of them people who wants two separate people in a relationship that happen to get on, that called friends who fuck. I want a relationship where I can hapilly share near enough everything I do with them, and they can share everything they do with me. Given my life revolves around music, if they aren't into it, I'm having to hold myself back. Simply put, it just aint an option for me :)

Also means i spent months and months single between relationships, but I aint compromising what I want for a quick lay.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
They have to at least put up with the music i listen to - i can find music to actually play that will get the "that sounds pretty" response out of just about anyone, so long as there's an acoustic accessible.

my girl came with me to a metal show... she hated most of it and we left early. but she came, and wanted me to have fun. with a headache, a swollen twisted ankle and just being in a bad mood, its a wonder she didn't kill me. relationships involve some compromise - she'll put up with me listening to metal in the car, and every now and again gets free reign with her ipod over the stereo (i pretty much never give up the stereo in a vehicle ;). now that she can drive, i will put up with and hopefully enjoy some of what she listens to - but new nickelback was pushing the limits :lol: (and that's the first time she's driven me anywhere.. 3 minute drive).

music is pretty much my entire life. you'd think i'd be in school for it, but even though it's my passion it's not something i work for. but i will skip a friends party for a good band! she understands that, and she doesn't mind - even if it acounts for nearly half the tattoos i now have lol (in terms of space).

i think that most guys who are way more into music than your average being (take stuh for example) will find that it wont work out if the girl cant at least appreciate how much music matters to them.

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
It sounds shallow, but I'm not one of them people who wants two separate people in a relationship that happen to get on, that called friends who fuck. I want a relationship where I can hapilly share near enough everything I do with them, and they can share everything they do with me. Given my life revolves around music, if they aren't into it, I'm having to hold myself back. Simply put, it just aint an option for me :)

Also means i spent months and months single between relationships, but I aint compromising what I want for a quick lay.

That makes sense, and I feel similarly. Music is such a big part of me that a girl's compatibility with my musical tastes is, in effect, an aspect of her compatibility with me.

now that she can drive, i will put up with and hopefully enjoy some of what she listens to

How old is this girl? :spock:

')