Does it hurt to relearn basics?

• Thread starter meteor685
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

meteor685

Reaction score
Just going through the beginners coure and intermediate course on justin guitar to refresh my memory. I always feel relearning something start to finish is awesome as .....

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
I'm going to say yes, because for me it'll mean I notice all the little shit I'm doing wrong and get frustrated and pissed off :lol:

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
You've answered your own question! It's great to do it. The better of a grasp you have of it, the better you're off. It's like watching a film or reading a book for a second time; you always pick up on new little things that you missed the first time, or things that you've forgotten.

I should probably take my own advice and do the same some time soon. :lol:

SKoG

Reaction score
In the past year I've subscribed to two guitar tuition websites and in both I checked out some "beginner" lessons and either learned something new, or more importantly, learned a different mental approach to things that made a whole lot more sense than how I'd thought of things, or how I had learned things before.

Alex Kenivel

Stunt Guitar
Reaction score
The fundamentals of guitar are never painful. It's all the advanced stuff that cramps your hands up..

JoeyW

Reaction score
Haha have you seriously not heard the term "It never hurts to re-learn the basics"?

KristapsCoCoo

Reaction score
The fundamentals of guitar are never painful. It's all the advanced stuff that cramps your hands up..
It's not a rarity when much of the problem in any advanced stuff you do is in the basic technique. So I guess that not understanding your fundamentals fully can f'ck up any advanced stuff you do...

Reaction score
It's not a rarity when much of the problem in any advanced stuff you do is in the basic technique. So I guess that not understanding your fundamentals fully can f'ck up any advanced stuff you do...

I agree, just like how you have to learn addition and subtraction in math before you can go to multiplication/division. Starting at algebra without a good foundation on basic math would make it much harder (or impossible).

')