Don't bring your mobile/camera to a Danzig-gig

• Thread starter straymond
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

straymond

Reaction score
Y'know... I respect the fact that bootlegging gigs is frowned upon, but does he really concider mobile-cams a threat? and encouraging his own fans to beat up each other? not my bag, man.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Blasphemer

Bird Law expert
Reaction score
I think the real story here is "Don't go to a Danzig gig".

And that's being said by a hardcore Danzig era Misfits fan.

imgarrett

Reaction score
that's pretty ....ed up, I can understand why though it's annoying to be at a concert and have 100 phones going up recording the same thing. It kinda ruins the experience for everyone.

Nats

Reaction score
Just punch him in the face like in that other video.

guitarfreak1387

squirrel chaser
Reaction score
i can see why you would take your phone or camera out during a show to take a picture, that makes sense. to record video on the other hand does not make a damn bit of sense. the audio is most likely going to be clipping on playback (look at any camera phone footage on youtube.....)

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
Not cool! On the other hand I've been to so many gigs where someone watches the entire show through their phone. They pay €25-50 and just stand there looking at a screen the entire time not taking in anything.

Goro923

Spanish Thrasher
Reaction score
^^Any excuse is good to make fun of Mr. Clean there :lol:

no_dice

a very bad old bear
Reaction score
Prince has also banned cell phones from his shows. He has security pat everyone down for them.

Prince has a bit of a reputation for being an asshole as well.

I admit I get annoyed when the people in front of me block my view by holding their arms straight up to aim their phone at the stage like they're going to get some pro footage of the show, but whatever. People are going to do what they want, even if it's lame.

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
This is hard to say here since we don't know his reasoning. If he was simply worried about vids of the show going up on Youtube then that's plain stupid and lame. But the annoyance aspect is a VERY valid one. I was going to shows before camera phones, and even moderate cost consumer camcoders, ever existed. I see nowadays every show is a fucking sea of cellphones being held up in the air and it's annoying as hell and blocks people's views.

If that was his concern then I think it's valid. Telling the fans to beat the guy is just plain retarded though. He could've stopped and told the fans we're waiting for asshole over there to put away his phone and enjoy the show.

Rev.

Triple-J

the Experimetalist
Reaction score
the rain soaked post industrial wasteland known as
I saw Danzig last June and the same thing happened there but the guy at my gig was stood up front in the pit getting in everybody's way so I could kind of see why Danzig pointed him out, funny thing is that for the remainder of the gig you could see Danzig was still really wound up about it to the point where it was like something from an episode of "Curb Your Enthusiasm"

Not cool! On the other hand I've been to so many gigs where someone watches the entire show through their phone. They pay €25-50 and just stand there looking at a screen the entire time not taking in anything.

I totally agree with this and I don't understand why most people just can't enjoy themselves plus it's kind of depressing to go to a gig and have your view of the band constantly blocked by a sea of mobile fones, but the fact that they're too busy to enjoy the moment onstage because they're too busy enjoying a second hand version of it via their mobile phone is kind of ironic really.

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score

I love this video. I also lol at the way some pathetic Danzig groupie (well, he must have at least one) shouting "cheap shot, asshole! like Danzig didn't deserve to get wrecked.

Leuchty

Previously CYBERSYN
Reaction score
Jesus... That "fúcking asshole" is at his show supporting him and he's not happy?

Bjorn from soilwork commented on phones/tablets at gigs and said just enjoy the show and live the moment. I totally agree. But there is no need to say punch a fan.

Discoqueen

Dang tootin
Reaction score
Wow, the guy who knocked him out was probably like, "This guy wants to fight... fine, I guess." Then after throwing the punch was probably just as surprised. That Danzig fellow just kinda looked scared.
Back on topic lol, I don't go to shows often but I've always thought it weird when people watch THE WHOLE show on their phone. I am usually dancing and the like. If they payed for the tickets and probably got some merch and own the cd's I don't see why they are pricks. "Land of the free..." 'til you disagree.

DLG

not guthrie govan
Reaction score
sup dudez

1393545_10151778388887909_748858206_n.jpg

petereanima

Br00tal Bubbly Mofo
Reaction score
To be fair - on every tour I have seen him, there are giant effin' posters all over the place, stating that taking pics and filming is not allowed and it will get you kicked out. Big-ass extra signs with crossed out cellphones and cameras. And I really mean: ALL over the place!

If you still insist to make pictures with your cellphone...well, sorry but you have to deal with the consequences.

')