Don't go to Jiffy Lube

• Thread starter Chris
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dive-Baum

Bite Me Fan Boy!!
Reaction score
I actually only go to Jiffy Lube to get general service on my car. But I stand in front of the car the whole time. I generally don't let my car out of my site at those places. I had the tranny flushed about 2 years ago and watch while they did it...I even insoected the fluid color before and after.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I do my oil changes there, but that's it. They rotated my tires right after I got my Prius, and one of the lug nuts broke on the way home 'cause they tightened it too hard. So I watch 'em.

Firebeard

Viking Lord
Reaction score
With the way car makers are making it harder for people to do shit on their own cars, soon you'll have to take it back to the dealer to get a fuse changed. :noway:

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
eaeolian said:
I do my oil changes there, but that's it. They rotated my tires right after I got my Prius, and one of the lug nuts broke on the way home 'cause they tightened it too hard. So I watch 'em.

that's all my wife had done there, yet they still managed to cost $950 of damage to her Beetle. I'll never go there again.

The problem is, if they fuck it up, it's too bad. Read the fine print.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Jeff said:
that's all my wife had done there, yet they still managed to cost $950 of damage to her Beetle. I'll never go there again.

The problem is, if they fuck it up, it's too bad. Read the fine print.

Oh, no, they paid to replace the hub on my Prius. Fine print be damned - if it's something they did directly, they *know* their BS won't stand up if you actually sue them.

Of course, threatening to picket the place didn't hurt, either. ;)

Mastodon

Songs about My Cats
Reaction score
I've been suspicious of this kind of stuff since I've watched specials on it on Dateline when I was 12. I NEVER stop watching the car whenever we go to one of those places...not that it helps much since I don't know what to look for.

This is why I want to take autoshop though. Wish I had more electives to use next year.

FoxMustang

Reaction score
My bro used to work for Jiffy Lube when he was like 16. He has some amusing stories from that time. Suffice to say, I'll drive my car an extra 1000 miles to get the oil changed somewhere else :)

If they fuck up your car, make a big fucking stink about it. Places like that will give you whatever you want to make you happy.

Dive-Baum

Bite Me Fan Boy!!
Reaction score
They all argue over who is going to work on my car. The head guy usually does it. They are almost always car guys so, even though I watch, I'm not worried about it much. I'm just concerned about my baby.

Popsyche

Contributor
Reaction score
They stripped the oil plug hole on my Honda Accord. The guy tapped it and it has been OK, but I still keep an eye on them. I also think that part of the problem there was the fact it was in LA. I would venture to guess that the district manager promoted and rewarded that behavior, which is why every one of the local guys had to immediately call him. Corksoakers! :nono:

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Dive-Baum said:
I actually only go to Jiffy Lube to get general service on my car. But I stand in front of the car the whole time. I generally don't let my car out of my site at those places. I had the tranny flushed about 2 years ago and watch while they did it...I even insoected the fluid color before and after.
+1 I do that too, also I work at a dealership where most mechanics are technicians and know their shit. :agreed:

Nice find, Chris, those damn mechanics. :noplease:

')