DOOM 4!!!!

• Thread starter Groff
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Groff

Medicine Chief/RHLC©
Contributor
Reaction score
Id faces fourth Doom - PC News at GameSpot

The gaming gods are pleased :yesway:

I was a huge fan of DOOM 3, as it was what a classic FPS, all about atmosphere and having fun blowing shit up. :yesway:

Don't get me wrong, I loves me a good story (ala HL2) but I love to just run amok too.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Thomas

Stranger
Reaction score
As I enjoyed Doom3 Immensely, I am looking forward to this, and hoping for a native Linux version. I am curious why they announce a new game even though their previously-announced title, Rage, is still in development?

Abhorred

Reaction score
Ah, crap. The Lost Souls from Doom 3 just stopped haunting my dreams, and now this news comes up.

demon-soul.jpg

AHH!

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Hopefully it turns out better than doom III, which was cool, but not nearly on par with the first two, as far as environment and creepiness.
I remember playing the original doom in 1994 when i was a 10 year old and that game scaring the EVERLOVING SHIT out of me. I Still play it, too. i beat both doom & Doom II over the winter break a couple months ago!

amonb

Les Paul Fever
Contributor
Reaction score
Hopefully it turns out better than doom III, which was cool, but not nearly on par with the first two, as far as environment and creepiness.
I remember playing the original doom in 1994 when i was a 10 year old and that game scaring the EVERLOVING SHIT out of me. I Still play it, too. i beat both doom & Doom II over the winter break a couple months ago!

I thought FEAR blew Doom III out of the water in terms of atmosphere/creepiness but I loved Doom II back in the nineties and still enjoyed Doom III a lot... I am looking forward to this one! :agreed:

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Never played FEAR, but the feeling i got playing Doom III for the first time didnt come close to what i remeber from playing Doom back in the day.

amonb

Les Paul Fever
Contributor
Reaction score
:agreed: Playing Doom II back then was like a revelation... I even really dug the music, cause it had lots of nods to metal bands :metal:

Groff

Medicine Chief/RHLC©
Contributor
Reaction score
I thought FEAR blew Doom III out of the water in terms of atmosphere/creepiness but I loved Doom II back in the nineties and still enjoyed Doom III a lot... I am looking forward to this one! :agreed:

FEAR was creepy as hell, but DOOM had more "HOLY FUCK!" moments. :lol:

Never played FEAR, but the feeling i got playing Doom III for the first time didnt come close to what i remeber from playing Doom back in the day.

Perhaps because you're older? I remember Quake scaring the bejesus out of me, especially the bug dudes that would jump out at you, and the knights who would jump around corners... I hated those damn things. :lol:

On a side note, you need to play FEAR! :yesway:

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Perhaps because you're older? I remember Quake scaring the bejesus out of me, especially the bug dudes that would jump out at you, and the knights who would jump around corners... I hated those damn things. :lol:

Nah, dude. I still play the old doom's and they still own. They're not scary anymore, but their still fucking eerie.

amonb

Les Paul Fever
Contributor
Reaction score
Nah, dude. I still play the old doom's and they still own. They're not scary anymore, but their still fucking eerie.

Yeah I much preferred Doom to Quake... I must be old :lol:

Sindwulf

Reaction score
I hope Doom 4 retouches Doom 2 lol. A hell on Earth with updated graphics would be pretty fucking epic in a bad ass way!

Vince

Contributor
Reaction score
I'll be happy as long as someone still mods the flashlight as so:

doom3kittlytorch.jpg

:agreed:

ZeroSignal

Meal Team Six
Contributor
Reaction score
BurningChrome on gamespot article said:
vamroc

"Doom 4, The Plot : Having used up all the oil on earth G.W. Invades Hell thinking if we can find Saddam's ghost we can topple that and every one in hell will treat us as liberators. "

It's the ultimate I-talk-to-God,Christian fantasy,lol!

I lolled hard at that! :rofl:

biggness

Contributor
Reaction score
I played Doom III for a little while, till I started having nightmares. I think the problem was playing with headphones and the lights off. :lol:

I remember the nightmare that made me say "That's it, I'm gonna play Mario for while or two from now on!" It had huge ass skulls that floated in the sky. They had these long nasty pieces of raw bacon that hung from them and dragged the ground. Then they would come after me and I would try to run but couldn't really run as fast as I wanted/knew I could. Like running in a huge bowl of oatmeal or something. Then they caught up to me and their heads cracked open like some eggs or something, spilling all out my bad memories. It was a crappy time.

Now that I look back on it, maybe I was having that dream because I was neglecting my breakfast foods...

Zepp88

Arktanian Diplomat
Contributor
Reaction score
I found Doom 3 tiresome after a while, all of the looking behind your back in a dark hallway shit wears on you.

JBroll

Hard-On For Freedom™
Contributor
Reaction score
FEAR was intense and very fresh... never knew what was coming next.

Doom III... fun game, but when 95% of the freakout factor comes from the main character not knowing how to operate a flashlight and a firearm simultaneously there's something wrong. Seriously... duct tape.

Jeff

NDG

Contributor
Reaction score
F.E.A.R. was great; I can't wait for Project Origin. :hbang:

I thought Doom 3 was pretty good. I hope Doom 4 will be better.

GuitarG2

Reaction score
Doom 4? That is going to own! Unfortunately, it might take like a bajillion fucking gigs of RAM and a processor faster than Bad Brains on crack to run it.

')