Doom/Black metal VSTs? (saint vitus / beherit)

• Thread starter tomcat ha
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

tomcat ha

Reaction score
Hello, not sure if this is the right subforum but here goes.
I want to record some quick demos at home for my black metal band.
So i want to try to emulate the guitar tone we have in practice which is a very bassy warm and everything.
In real life i use a Gibson V into Ibanez ts9, mxr fullbore metal into a clean channel marshall jcm 2000.
I set the bass high, mid fairly low and cut out the treble Saint Vitus style. I don't actually have the gain set all that high because the fullbore metal produces plenty of gain. The end result is something that sounds a bit like a crossover between beherit and saint vitus.
The end result is https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14555592/10-06-2014 Gate of Nana.MP3

Now i know its very hard to ever properly reproduce tones like this digitally with VST's but i want to try anyway.
Does anyone have any advice on how i could possibly get close to this?

Thanks in advance.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Abaddon9112

Reaction score
Yeah just get the LePou HyBrit amp sim and LeCab2 with a nice cab impulse. And run your pedals into an interface, into the plugins same as you would your amp. Won't be identical but you could get it close with some tweaking.

')