Double NGD! (Ibanez content)

MJMinky

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I've been lurking in this site for quite a while and now when I finally have something to show you, I decided to make my first NGD. Hope you'll like it :wavey:

The pics are not very good but I tried my best since I have a bad lighting in my room and I'm not a photographer.

So, lets start with the rg7420 that I received today. About a week ago I was checking the local classifieds when I saw one where the guy wanted to trade his rg7420 for a 7 string a without floating bridge. I said to myself "ah, f**k it" and sent him an email with an offering to trade his rg7420 for my rg7321. I sent him pictures, he was content with them, and we decided to meet and try out each other's guitars. And here I am with 2000 made rg7420. I am soooooo happy! Wizard-II7 neck on the rg7321 is nothing compared to the neck of the rg7420 (wizard-7?). Now I'm planning to change the pups at the end of summer for D-Sonic (bridge) and Air Norton (neck) :hbang:

IMG_2439 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
IMG_2438 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
IMG_2436 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
IMG_2435 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I know it's not the standard guitar section, I just didn't want to make one more thread. Now it's time for some vintage Ibanez action. I had been GASing for an Ibanez Roadstar II series guitar since september. My best friend saw that and asked me few questions about the guitar, etc. I thought that it is quite odd that a person who's not that much into guitars is showing her interest so extensively. However, I didn't pay too much attention to it. :scratch: And then in the New Year's eve I got it! It is a present from my friends - they all saved the money to buy me my dream guitar! It's a 1984 Ibanez Roadstar Series II rs135, MIJ, w/ basswood/birch body and quartersawn maple neck. I adore it! As far as I know it's the one and only rs135 here in Latvia in such condition. I saw one in local classifieds in september but it had a tele neck, if I'm not mistaken. It's my first strat-type guitar, and I love it. I think it puts the majority of strats out there to shame. It is such a versatile guitar. I recommend it to everyone who's into strats. They are not very expensive, too (200 - 300$ on ebay).
http://flic.kr/p/brAta6
http://flic.kr/p/brAnEP
IMG_2440 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
IMG_2443 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
IMG_2442 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

poopyalligator

Dr.Poopyalligator
Reaction score
Very nice scores. I have one of those old roadstars also, and they are great. Mine has the old pro-rocker trem though. The one kind of like the kahler. Really cool guitar. You also cant go wrong with an rg7420. Great instruments.

MJMinky

Reaction score
My rs135 has powerocker bridge, which is the low end tremolo bridge from those times. Still, thanks to the graphite nut, the tuning is very stable and I don't have any problems with it :yesway:

Latest posts