Double NGD PRS/IBANEZ

• Thread starter FromTheMausoleum
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

FromTheMausoleum

That one guy
Reaction score
So I just got my Ibanez RG921QMFRDT in the mail today and I'm about to make the last payment on a Mike Mushok Baritone PRS that I've been in love with for the past couple of months.

First some pictures!

40bYz.jpg

40c3l.jpg

40c5r.jpg

40c6D.jpg

40c83.jpg

40c9Z.jpg

So I'm not the best taker of pictures, but it is a fairly nice guitar. The top could be better but I only had to pay $500 for it brand new :D

Ibanez RG Premium 6 String Electric Guitar w Gig Bag Quilted Red Desert Disc | eBay

aaand here is the bari

40EPV.jpg

40ERw.jpg

40EVw.jpg

40EXn.jpg

I'll make in depth reviews as time goes on(letting the excitement of having new gear wear off).

Specs for each guitar.

Ibanez RG921QMFRDT

Five piece wizard neck(maple and walnut) with KTS Rods
Rosewood fingerboard
American Basswood Body with a quilted maple top.
24 Jumbo frets with premium fret edge treatment.
Tight End-R bridge(feels nice)
DiMarzio/IBZ pickups(getting replaced with a super 2 in the bridge and a evolution in the neck)
25.5" scale
5 way switch
40dfG.png

PRS SE Mike Mushok Baritone

Maple neck
Ebony fingerboard
Mahogany body
22 frets
String through stoptail PRS bridge
PRS Designed pickups(will know if I want to replace after testing it out of the store)
27.7" scale length(Feels really good)
3 way switch

Also, this is my first NGD post on this site, any tips on making a better post would be great.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Cloudy

Pacific Wood Lab
Reaction score
Awww yiss prs mushok.

Also that RG is pretty slick, the top looks a bit strange to me but hell you can't complain for that price! I hope its a killer shred machine, HNGD.

Robby the Robot

The President Bits
Reaction score
Had the chance to play both guitars and both are incredibly awesome. HNGD Maus. Can't wait to see pictures of the SE. :yesway:

IbanezDaemon

Raptus regaliter
Reaction score
Very cool guitars, those Premiums look amazing.

ratm2020

Reaction score
Any pickup recommendations for the PRS? They need to be able to handle drop A and not mud out.

I Just put a set of Lace Drop n Gains in mine and it makes the ground shake. Mine is set in Drop A, no mud, nice growl to it and actually handles cleans pretty nicely, the neck pup has alot of nice warmth to it. :yesway:

GizmoGardens

ECE/MetalHead
Reaction score
Any pickup recommendations for the PRS? They need to be able to handle drop A and not mud out.

I've got a BKP Rebel Yell in my RG7620, which I tune to Drop Ab, and I like it a lot more than I thought I was going to. It's not very high output, so I need to add a little more gain than I usually do, but the tone is pretty solid.

Godfiend

Reaction score
I can't see it in the pictures - what don't you like about the top on the RG? I can't see why it's being sold for nearly half price. Just a couple days ago I put in an order for an S571, but now I'm considering cancelling that and picking up one of those RGs. Is it b-stock, or just an amazing deal?

Either way, enjoy the new guitars!

ThePhilosopher

Reason User
Reaction score
I just got a Mushok sig last week and I think I'm going to go with the \m/ pickups.

FromTheMausoleum

That one guy
Reaction score
I can't see it in the pictures - what don't you like about the top on the RG? I can't see why it's being sold for nearly half price. Just a couple days ago I put in an order for an S571, but now I'm considering cancelling that and picking up one of those RGs. Is it b-stock, or just an amazing deal?

Either way, enjoy the new guitars!

They come with warranty so they must be new, the only thing I can find wrong is how goofy the top looks.

FromTheMausoleum

That one guy
Reaction score
Update on the PRS pickup swap.(got a D-Activator (neck) for the bridge of the ibby, just looking for a good neck pickup to go with it)

I picked up a D-Sonic for the bridge and would you look at that..

41iMY.jpg

My local Music-go-round had one of these bad boys(though the cover was a tad more beat up than the one pictured).

DiMarzio SCHB for the win!

FromTheMausoleum

That one guy
Reaction score
So, I have a D-activator(neck) just sitting around.. any suggestions on what I should pair it with?(in the ibby)

')