Dover amps

• Thread starter BrutalRob
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BrutalRob

Reaction score
So how many of you had or still have one of their amps and could tell me something about them, what the like/don´t like?

Are they actually still around? Homepage is still up, but can´t find any of their stuff anywhere, not even in their reverb shop.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Pretty sure they stopped a while back and it was possibly this brand that was modding and rehousing jet city or something and selling as theirs? Absolutely not 100% on the last part but recall *something* discovered about Dover. I dont trust that recollection though :lol:

Found one dirt cheap, or is there something they offered you just have to have?

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
My inner 12 year old would have trouble resisting the urge to put a big sticker on it that says "Ben".

I've otherwise never heard of these. A quick google search doesn't paint them in a great light though. (And shows I'm not the only one stupid enough to make that same joke.)

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Pretty sure they stopped a while back and it was possibly this brand that was modding and rehousing jet city or something and selling as theirs? Absolutely not 100% on the last part but recall *something* discovered about Dover. I dont trust that recollection though :lol:

Never heard that claim lol

All I know is they were made in the same factory as Victory Amps and the Fortin lunchbox amp

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score

that was Hovercraft, not Dover

Jon Pearson

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
A guitarist friend of mine has a DA50. It sounds killer, like a very pissed off Marshall with mids scooped out. Fantastic amp for riffing, not mu favorite for leads or solos. Quality is pretty solid. The tubes it shipped with shat the bed quickly, but that may be a case of bad luck. She REALLY likes that amp; I do too, it's got a unique voice that I can't quite match. I can get close with my JVM, but the Dover is clearer and more metal.

Latest posts

')