Download my new EP 'Isles EP' for free! (Progressive Metal, Instrumental, Djent)

• Thread starter C2Aye
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

C2Aye

has the groove.
Reaction score
Amazing...just works so well!

Really good shit man.

Amazing EP!

I've probably listened to this EP 20 times (in its entirety) so far.

So good!

You guys are amazing, thanks :wub:

I feel so cheap for asking, but is there any chance you'd post a screen shot of what's going on with the bass? From the first time I heard Orion I have been in love with your bass tone :wub:

I'm more than happy to share screenshots of settings. I use guitar rig 4 for bass with a bit of post processing. I think it was the Chimp Spanner bass tone that I really loved and wanted to get the vibe of when making this patch.

Signal%20Chain%20Bass.jpg

Seamless

Reaction score
Damn dude, this is extremely excellent. Well written and really well produced ;D good job .

Greatoliver

Looking to windward
Reaction score
This is just so awesome! They toenz are heavenly :D

Out of interest, did you use the 1527 for most of the rhythm parts? Sometimes it seems like there's some singlecoil-ness in the distorted parts so was wondering which guitar you used.

C2Aye

has the groove.
Reaction score
This is just so awesome! They toenz are heavenly :D

Out of interest, did you use the 1527 for most of the rhythm parts? Sometimes it seems like there's some singlecoil-ness in the distorted parts so was wondering which guitar you used.

I use the RG1527 on Islay, Cuillin and Mull. I use my Strat on Isles, Skye, Jura and Arrow + Knee = Adventure Over so you'd head the single coil tone on those tracks.

And thanks man :wub:

HOKENSTYFE

HeartWyrm
Reaction score
Yeah I commented over on Got-Djent.com how much I enjoyed Cassini! I thought this was a major step up from that! Isles..yes man!

A more concentrated effort, seems to have served you well! Was it a concentrated effort to do more with less? I remember reading you had just enough downtime from school?

Either way Djentastic!

C2Aye

has the groove.
Reaction score
Any chance of a tab or playthrough video for arrow + knee?

Playthrough and tab coming very soon, tab sooner than the playthrough. Possibly end of this week for the tab!

what the hell am I supposed to do with this raging music boner now?

Tie it off and mail it to Sithu so he can write music about it.

Next album is called 'Raging Music Boners'. You heard it here first :lol:

Yeah I commented over on Got-Djent.com how much I enjoyed Cassini! I thought this was a major step up from that! Isles..yes man!

A more concentrated effort, seems to have served you well! Was it a concentrated effort to do more with less? I remember reading you had just enough downtime from school?

Either way Djentastic!

I don't know if recording it in less time had much to do with it since Cassini was also done in a relatively short time (about 2-3 months with a holiday in between) but I definitely wanted to music to be more 'chordy' and generally more mellow. I'm glad you think it's a step up from Cassini though, because I really hope to see improvement in my work as I release things. Thanks man!

Also, be sure to check Sithu Aye | Facebook from time to time for updates and tabs etc.

spilla

Reaction score
I bought a car last week, that has a half decent stereo in it and finally got a chance to have a good listen to your album, great work man love the tones your getting from the bass and strat, ill be listening to the clean guitars thinking how nice they sound then that crunchy bass comes in, damn... and your leads are so smooth/fluid its ridiculous. Great album to listen to in the car after a long day!

Also, was just thinking about that tab earlier today, many thanks!
As far as more tabs requests go... would love to see tabs for Islay, Jura and Mull, but dont go to out of your way for me, Adventure Over will keep me plenty busy... anyway time to put on a new set of strings tune up half a step and start learning this song.

C2Aye

has the groove.
Reaction score
AWESOME! thanks man!

No worries dude!

I bought a car last week, that has a half decent stereo in it and finally got a chance to have a good listen to your album, great work man love the tones your getting from the bass and strat, ill be listening to the clean guitars thinking how nice they sound then that crunchy bass comes in, damn... and your leads are so smooth/fluid its ridiculous. Great album to listen to in the car after a long day!

Also, was just thinking about that tab earlier today, many thanks!
As far as more tabs requests go... would love to see tabs for Islay, Jura and Mull, but dont go to out of your way for me, Adventure Over will keep me plenty busy... anyway time to put on a new set of strings tune up half a step and start learning this song.

I'm glad it makes good car music! And thank you so, so much, really happy that you like the tones, leads and just the EP in general! :wub:

you are the man. holy shit.

Cheers man, glad you like it!

Tab for Jura coming very soon!

')