Dr. Scientist Frazz Dazzler

• Thread starter Wes Mantooth
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Wes Mantooth

I Love Fuzz!
Reaction score
Just trying to turn more of the ERG players onto fuzz. I know a majority of players here are into djent and other types of more extreme metal and aren't exactly into fuzz (I probably wouldn't if I had an AxeFX) but it's good to know some people like it!

adadglgmut

Notes from a Ghost
Reaction score
These guys make great products, VERY underrated. I don't own this one- I'm currently on a waiting list for this and the red reverberator.
Great review! You've got me stoked for mine to show up...

signalgrey

Ambiente Savante
Reaction score
Just trying to turn more of the ERG players onto fuzz. I know a majority of players here are into djent and other types of more extreme metal and aren't exactly into fuzz (I probably wouldn't if I had an AxeFX) but it's good to know some people like it!

im a big fuzz fan actually. There are a bunch of us on here that arent all Djent-only. I love my Hyper Fuzz, Fender Blender and DBA products. They sound great with ERGs when EQed right. Alot of fuzzes ive played simply cant handle the low end and just bottom out. I personally fucking HATE the big muff. Ive owned 5 of them over the years and i really cant stand them. I still havent gotten my hands on a Fuzz Factory for more than an hour or so. I like those big full frequency fuzzes that dont squelch the sound too much but dont go all buzz saw, angry bee etc.. (unless i want them to).

I know Demoniac and Bloody Inferno use alot of Fuzzes or at least appreciate them.:yesway:

Wes Mantooth

I Love Fuzz!
Reaction score
im a big fuzz fan actually. There are a bunch of us on here that arent all Djent-only. I love my Hyper Fuzz, Fender Blender and DBA products. They sound great with ERGs when EQed right. Alot of fuzzes ive played simply cant handle the low end and just bottom out. I personally fucking HATE the big muff. Ive owned 5 of them over the years and i really cant stand them. I still havent gotten my hands on a Fuzz Factory for more than an hour or so. I like those big full frequency fuzzes that dont squelch the sound too much but dont go all buzz saw, angry bee etc.. (unless i want them to).

I know Demoniac and Bloody Inferno use alot of Fuzzes or at least appreciate them.:yesway:

You have good taste in fuzz my friend :agreed:

Nice to see some Dr. Scientist love as well, have you heard of his upcoming distortion/clean/eq pedal? It's called the Elements and it's going to be great. Ryan said he'll start building them in about a month.

Oh and if you're looking for another good ERG fuzz, check out the Dwarfcraft Eau Claire Thunder, if my laptop was working I'd record a clip for you. I'll be posting a review of it as soon as I can record again in a week or two. The low end that thing has is unbelievable as it was made to work equally well on bass and guitar.

McCap

Reaction score
The Frazz Dazzler was on my "seriously want" list, but I chose the Hexe Bitcrusher, though a slightly different beast.
I liked the "robotic touch" it had on their homepage's demo.

The only sad thing about the more "out there" pedals is that you normally just find demo clips where people just make noises with the pedals! (I am not talking about your demo here :)).
I actually love to hear the weird sounds used in actual music, musically, but those samples are kinda hard to find...

Oh and keep up the reviews of crazy pedals :D

Wes Mantooth

I Love Fuzz!
Reaction score
The Frazz Dazzler was on my "seriously want" list, but I chose the Hexe Bitcrusher, though a slightly different beast.
I liked the "robotic touch" it had on their homepage's demo.

The only sad thing about the more "out there" pedals is that you normally just find demo clips where people just make noises with the pedals! (I am not talking about your demo here :)).
I actually love to hear the weird sounds used in actual music, musically, but those samples are kinda hard to find...

Oh and keep up the reviews of crazy pedals :D

Thanks for the support! I have so many reviews planned for this summer, it's a bit overwhelming, sucks that I need to have my laptop repaired :realmad:

If anyone hasn't checked it out already, here's what I have lined up for this summer: EffectsWire: It's been a while folks...

Also I'll be receiving a Black Arts Pharaoh w/ germ option as well!

Also looking to add some modulation to my board so I may spring for a MythFX Triton mod pedal.

Oh and if you like what I'm doing, subscribe through email! I swear you won't get any spam, it'll just email you when I have a new interview/news story/review etc. It won't flood your inbox or anything I promise.

If you have any requests or think I should change something, let me know!

')