Dragonforce .... woo... I'm falling down ...

• Thread starter Sebastian
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Stitch

Banned
Reaction score
Stop it. Right now.

I think this thread is destined for closure already but lets not perpetuate our reputation for mindless Dragonforce bashing, shall we?

Korbain

Stay negative!
Reaction score
LOL. I never saw that, but its fucking funny. They are terrible live. Somehow their music sounds so rave-ish at times lol. This thread will be closed soon, but its worth it to get a quick bashing out on the dragon force haha. Its a comp to see how much bashing we can get in on em before its closed, almost like all the korn threads :hbang: lol

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
:squint: This thread will be closed VERY soon. Bashing bands, such as Korn and Dragonforce, always end in closing... as they should.

DDDorian

Mantis Toboggan, M.D
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I like them in theory, but not in practice. Everything is so compressed and harmonised in eleventy billion ear-piercing octaves, I can't stand it for long. They seem like fun guys though, at least.

Sebastian

Reaction score
Sorry I searcxhed.. but didnto found that earlier...

sorry for the problem ...

Rich

Reaction score
:lol: I like how they are all laughing after he falls over, it's nice to see a band with a sense of humour. :yesway:

GH0STrider

Resident Gangsta
Reaction score
their cds have some good stuff going on, but their live show just isn't up to par. oh well... that's all i'm gonna say. no dragonforce bashing for me today.

Mastodon

Songs about My Cats
Reaction score
I remember that episode. I didn't even notice that he fell when I watched it live though.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
Bashing a band because you don't like them? Not cool.

However, when it is common knowledge that the band recorded parts slower than they are on the album, and employed massive amounts of pitch correction and overdubs to get everything right, made all the more obvious by the butchering of parts live (as seen on this video)...well, then I'm not going to step in and stop people. Korn is different, because they execute their parts live.

Regor

Double Edge FTW
Contributor
Reaction score
Bashing a band because you don't like them? Not cool.

However, when it is common knowledge that the band recorded parts slower than they are on the album, and employed massive amounts of pitch correction and overdubs to get everything right, made all the more obvious by the butchering of parts live (as seen on this video)...well, then I'm not going to step in and stop people. Korn is different, because they execute their parts live.

Dave, can you provide 'proof' of this? I'd like to see hard evidence of this, and not just 'hear say' proof. If you have an interview with a producer or something, I'd believe it. But I've personally never read any of that.

And for the record, I saw DF in Ohio the FIRST time they ever came to the U.S., before they became what they are now. And they executed EVERY song perfectly, and didn't suck as they have been portrayed in videos now. I wonder if the Rock Star lifestyle has overcome their musicianship. And I'm being honest, not just a fanboy, their performance in Ohio was flawless. Ask Digital Black, he was there. They fucking pwned. And I'm ashamed to see what has become of them.

')