Dreadlocks. Anyone a fan?

• Thread starter Scott
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Grom

New found sanity
Reaction score
Damn, Scott, I'd have killed to have long and straight hair like you. Mine were already fucked-up and were curly as ass-hair after 4 years, I really had to cut them. Just don't do it. Try braids if you want, but keep it Peter Lindgren's style.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

metalfiend666

-
Forum MVP
Reaction score
A daily spritz with braid spray will help with the itching and stop the smell. If you find braids or dreads smelling of smoke etc after a night out, Fabreeze works well too.

Seriously, if you're prepared to put the effort in to look after dreads they'll look good and they won't smell.

Grom

New found sanity
Reaction score
I know someone who found bugs living in his and had to cut them off.

And if they constantly itch, then that really really isn't good...

I was once told that they found all sorts of larvaes in Bob Marley's dreadlocks when he gave up the Ghost. I never wanted to know if it was true or false, though.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
It wouldn't surprise me one bit. They've found maggots living in the folds of morbidly obese people while they were still alive.

Mastodon

Songs about My Cats
Reaction score
Based on everything I read when I was planning on getting dreads there should never be a reason for them to smell/ make your scalp itch/ contain bugs/ etc. if you actually do it right.

Dirty smelly hippies who let their hair naturally dread up is another story though.

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
Dreads look awesome on drummers, especially drummers that move around a lot, the dreads just fly, it's awesome :D

Dreads look great if you take care of them, but messy, dirty dreads are disgusting. Everyone I know who has dreads (like, 2-3 people) take good care of them, wash them all the time, and keep tucking stray hairs back in.

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Lance from Flaw has some pretty interesting dreads. Seems to fit him pretty well.

Latest posts

')