Dream Theater, Opeth, BTBAM...

• Thread starter ShawnFjellstad
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
SEATTLE 5/5/08...
Overall, I had a great time seeing 3 of my favorite bands of all time on the same bill! The sound wasn't the best (BTBAM being the worst), but since I knew all of the BTBAM, Opeth & DT songs by heart, it didn't bother me too much. Not to mention, I got moved up to the 4th row for DT! The sound got MUCH better the closer to the stage you were. To see John Petrucci & Jordan Rudess dualing that close up was BEYOND description. My jaw was on the floor....

I'm not sure if I'll go to the Wamu Theater for a show again, but I still don't regret going to THIS particular event.

Ratings on performance (1 to 10):
3 - 7
BTBAM - 8
Opeth - 10
DT - 10+

Here's a few pics from my buddy. More to follow this weekend he said....
portnoy1.jpg

portnoy2.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Lucky Seven

Lucky☆Seven
Reaction score
Dream Theater owns live, but I'd love to see Opeth live...

DAMNIT WHY AREN'T YOU COMING HERE YOU STUPID TOUR?!?!?!?!

Gilbucci

Dude..for real?
Reaction score
3 blew my mind. They were freaking incredible. As was Opeth..Akerfeldt is HILARIOUS, and has got a growl to freaking die for.

When DT came out, I went CRAZY. Seeing John Petrucci right in front of me was something I can't even begin to put into words. Their set list pwned (even with the absence of a 7 string song) and James sounded freaking awesome..along with the rest of the band, of course. Petrucci even looked at me and gave me thumbs up at the end...I know you guys are all thinking ''WHO GIVES A SHIT?'' but, Petrucci has been my idol ever since I discovered him (a year and a half ago) he was the one made me push my playing to the next level, so it means sooooo much to me. I still can't believe I went to see them. It still hasn't registered :lol:

swedenuck

Strictly Business
Reaction score
That sucks about the sound Shannon, the sound at the Orpheum in Vancouver was fucking perfect.

Latest posts

')