Drewsif Stalin's Free Album!! *Acle Worship*

• Thread starter DrewsifStalin
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I haven't read the whole thread, but I know that bitching about the "pumping" sound ensued.

I like the production style. With your style of playing, the "overcompressed" sound does it justice (IMO, of course.). Good job.

flexkill

Vodka & PentaTonic
Reaction score
I DL'ed this about a week ago....and just now got to listen to the damn thing front to back. You have much to be proud of my man... I thoroughly enjoyed it. Yes there is a little pumping...but as others have said...it is your style ..it fits...and it didn't stop me from digging it big time...so hats off to you man...great effort!!!!:metal:

B36arin

Reaction score
The first thing I thought was holy shit, this shit is PUMPING! But I had to read through the thread before I commented it. But seriously, fix that master compressor, it's killing it, at least on the soundclick clip. There are lots of talented guys here who'd probably love mastering the album for free, which will get it to sound awesome. Great tunes, and the mix sounds like it could be solid behind that hideous compressor, but it really does kill it for me.

B36arin

Reaction score
I don't think there's anything wrong with your mix, it's the master compressor that's screwing it up. As I said, it sounds as if the mix that's underneath could be very solid :)

TheSixthWheel

bangetzit
Reaction score
Fucking awesome man, listened to the entire album today while exercising in the Australian heat of summer, and listening to it again now.. Its great, some really interesting stuff in there. The Nocturnal is my favourite so far, interesting choice of drum room mic sounds in places. :yesway: This album is a great listen. Cheers for the free album, I'll be passing it along to a few of my friends.

DrewsifStalin

LOLKATYPERRYGUY
Reaction score
Thank you sir! I'm glad you're enjoying yourself! Look forward to several EP's

also: GOD POST! 777TH POST!!

CarlitoGrey

Reaction score
Still enjoying this but as so many have said, the compression is killing it. I agree the mix sounds solid, it may just be the master compressor killing it.

Would LOVE <3 Collapse with less compression/pumping ;) hint hint wink wink please please.

Euthanasia

Reaction score
I really dig the music but the mastering compression ruins the listening experience IMO

templton89

russki 3Dartist dude
Reaction score
Looooooove the album! liked it so much that I had to go to your soundclick and download other full songs. That's besides running around and telling everyone to download it :lol:
and honestly compression doesnt really bother me, I've been listening to it for 2 weeks now (you and tosin on shuffle + repeat) and I think compression actually adds something to your sound (duh, but i mean it style-wise). On good speakers with mighty bass it does pump quite a bit, but on average volumes, as well as on most headphones that I've tried it's rather enjoyable and groovy.

PS even tho I've seen event horizon when it just came out and it had almost no effect on me, I cant listen to the intro of The Nocturnal at night when I'm working, it creeps me out :lol: :lol: :lol:

DrewsifStalin

LOLKATYPERRYGUY
Reaction score
Looooooove the album! liked it so much that I had to go to your soundclick and download other full songs. That's besides running around and telling everyone to download it :lol:
and honestly compression doesnt really bother me, I've been listening to it for 2 weeks now (you and tosin on shuffle + repeat) and I think compression actually adds something to your sound (duh, but i mean it style-wise). On good speakers with mighty bass it does pump quite a bit, but on average volumes, as well as on most headphones that I've tried it's rather enjoyable and groovy.

PS even tho I've seen event horizon when it just came out and it had almost no effect on me, I cant listen to the intro of The Nocturnal at night when I'm working, it creeps me out :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks alot man! I like the pumping sound... hahaha

And yeah that whole event horizon thing seems to be the case with everyone, haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
')