Drone Appreciation Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Arminius

Reaction score

this may be a little to fast but oh well, earth is awesome:hbang: ( i wish they made a slowed down version of this smiley)

elrrek

Contributor
Reaction score
noma - drone from Glasgow, Scotland, UK using electric guitars with no strings, electric tooth brushes, electric shavers, fan heaters, childrens toys and anything else that he can get his hands on.

nacktinsecten - this man played a gig on an underground train while it was carrying passengers.

bonesofseabirds - baritone guitar amplifier worship.

aderlating - evil from the same man that brought you the fucked up hate of gnaw their tongues.

Pickertwin1

The Ginger Viking
Reaction score
I would recommend The Orphic Collective as a great drone band. They're based in Houston and they have almost no publicity at all. They have one album released so far. Here's a link to their bandcamp page. Sepia | The Orphic Collective

ry_z

Ikebana Noise Club
Reaction score

Big fan of drone (/ambient) music here.

Sunn O))), Boris, and Nadja go without saying.

idunno

Reaction score
I wish I had more time in the day so i could fully appreciate all this haha

Thumbs up for Earth!

DLG

not guthrie govan
Reaction score
the new earth album is probably my favorite album of the year. so great.

ry_z

Ikebana Noise Club
Reaction score
the new earth album is probably my favorite album of the year. so great.

I need to listen again, but the first few times through I found it quite unfocused compared to The Bees. :ugh:

Pickertwin1

The Ginger Viking
Reaction score
The Bees Made Honey in the Lion's Skull has to be my favorite drone album of all time. Closely followed by Sepia by The Orphic Collective. I actually just ordered The Bees... on Vinyl, it should be here in a couple days.

ry_z

Ikebana Noise Club
Reaction score
The Bees Made Honey in the Lion's Skull has to be my favorite drone album of all time.

I really don't think it's drone at all, to be honest. That doesn't stop it from being a fantastic album, though. :lol:

DLG

not guthrie govan
Reaction score
I don't think it really has to sound like a really long fart to be considered drone, it's more of that constant pulse for me.

whatever earth has been doing lately, it's great.

Blasphemer

Bird Law expert
Reaction score
For me, drone is way better to play than to listen to. Dont get me wrong, I love Sunn and Earth (see what I did there?), but I'd still rather stand in front of 800 cabs feeding back than listen to it

-42-

Nothing to see here
Reaction score
Posted this in the other drone thread, but might as well post this here as well.

EvolDerek

BEADGBEG
Reaction score
Ive always loved Sunn O))). Ive only had the pleasure of seeing them once live.
Earth is by far my favorite Drone band. Earth 2 is so killer but the new western stuff is much better imo. Angels is so so so good. Bees destroyed and I missed Hex on vinyl, it sold out so quickly, and have been looking for it for years now!

')