Drop A#

• Thread starter XtremeMetalGod1
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

XtremeMetalGod1

Rythm Player of Deth
Reaction score
I rescently started using drop a# and c standard, does anyone know bands that use those tunings, because most of the songs i know are in drop b.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BlindingLight7

Needs moar Gear.....
Reaction score
I thought you said A flat...

A sharp bands:
Aeon(standard)
Aegaeon
Behemoth(standard)
Cannibal Corpse(standard)
Despised Icon
JFAC
Keith merrow

C:
Dying fetus
Winds of plague(i think)
Suffocation

S

Southern Doom

you should check out this band "torche" they are in drop a.. pretty bad ass too

and aint nile tuned in drop a aswell??

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
^It's actually drop Ab on some of their songs.

davidian29

duh-dum
Reaction score
yeah arch enemy is C, i think only the pre-angela albums were B, I heard suffocation is C standard as well, and I believe most if not all of Job for a cowboys Genesis album is drop A# (Bb haha.)

Additonal: just remembered, the song Lucifer off of behemoths latest cd is in C standard but thats really the only one, and Job for a cowboys latest cd has two or three C standard songs, one of them being the title track Ruination

-mouse-

Such a strange numb
Reaction score
in flames (drop A# and C standard, on their older stuff), dir en grey (A# recently)

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
- Arch Enemy are mostly C (anything after their first CD with their old singer, Johann)
- In Flames are old stuff are C standard, and once Come Clarity came out (maybe even with STYE) it's been C with a low A#
- Amon Amarth's "Once Sent From the Golden Hall" and not sure what other albums are in C

DarkMythras

Reaction score
Why hasn't anyone said Dethklok :lol: they use C.

The Sword also uses C (correct me if I'm wrong)

davidian29

duh-dum
Reaction score
oh damn, I knew i was forgetting someone:lol: just remembered, queens of the stone age uses C standard

Edit: I'm remembering more and more bands now haha..well okay only one for now but still, Sybreed is in drop A# and they're amazing

groph

Reaction score
I thought you said A flat...

A sharp bands:
Aeon(standard) - B standard
Aegaeon
Behemoth(standard) - C# standard
Cannibal Corpse(standard) - usually Bb standard but they use a variety, some A# on their newer albums, some C# on Vile
Despised Icon - B standard
JFAC
Keith merrow

C:
Dying fetus - C# standard, almost positive on this one
Winds of plague(i think)
Suffocation - C# on most stuff past the first album which was C standard

Potentially fixed list. Correct/flame me if you feel it's necessary.

I think The Acacia Strain uses drop A#, maybe it's drop Ab or just drop A. Someone told me that Bury Your Dead tunes to drop A#

paintkilz

Banned
Reaction score
a# is what acacia strain uses now i think, and i think bury your dead...old acacia strain was like G# i think..

i love old bury your dead(with matt brusso, not this new singer guy) and acacia strain is hard to beat...

for what your lookin for..A# drop is gonna be a beatdown hardcore band kinda thing..local beatdown band does it..stand united(their name)..the c/c# standard is pretty common amongst downtuned yet stll standard tuned death bands. dying fetus,between the buried and me, lots!

also-
winds of plague do not. i believe their standard...atleast tehy said that in my guitar world..which i dont understand because live their tone is muddy sloppy and horrid...id think E standard would cut like a knife. but WOP suck though, so that could be alot.

')