Drop G anyone?

• Thread starter Greg Pope
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Pope

Reaction score
I love to play in drop Ab, but any lower I suddenly want to tune to F! However with a 25.5" I agree it doesn't sound right.

I use a .64 for fucking standard so that's another reason I don't detune so much. I pick really hard and I love tension.

My next axe is definately gonna be a 27" scale.

I have a six string bass but I'm afraid to detune it cause I don't think my small 120watt "12 bass amp could handle any lower than that.

Ha ha, I know what you mean!! Lower Lower!! For me it's just a money issue I just can't afford anything at the mo! and theres so many things I want dam it!!:mad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

FoxZero

Zero Imperfections
Reaction score
Yeah, I just wanna be in F and play some shit from NOTHING. When I first heard that shit I didn't know what to think.

:lol: Money's always an issue. Right now I'm uber cheap cause I'm carefully saving for my dream half stack. I'm patient, spending my all my weekends and vacation at work instead of with friends and family, hounding my friends for the money they owe me, and pretty much doing my Jewish ancestors proud.

Just save. Good things will come in time. I'm kinda happy I waited as long as I did to get my seven cause I got a great deal and it was one that I really wanted (a Warlcok).

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
The low tuning does get addictive sometimes! My baritone is tuned down to low Eb (30" :wub:), and the other day when I was messing around with it, I dropped it down to low Db and was loving how it sounded. I've tuned that string as far down as A (as in a step and another octave down from a standard low B) I think, and I'm amazed at how usable even that is.

FoxZero

Zero Imperfections
Reaction score
Holy fuck you tune lower than my six string bass? Damn, I'd like to hear you go nuts with downtuning my bass, but I probably wouldn't hear it :lol:

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
Holy fuck you tune lower than my six string bass? Damn, I'd like to hear you go nuts with downtuning my bass, but I probably wouldn't hear it :lol:

:lol: Yeah, but I'd need crazy thick strings for bass. I like my guitar strings fairly thin and djenty, though, so the .080" I have on that 30" scale can go pretty far for me. I actually tried tuning the .060" next to it down to Eb just to see if it would work on that scale, and it does! It's just a tad floppy, though, but for a .060" that's not half bad at all. If I was going that low on bass, I'd probably cheat and use a Whammy pedal or something, but when I start recording I'll probably end up doing unison lines with the guitar in that range.

Greg Pope

Reaction score
Yeah, I just wanna be in F and play some shit from NOTHING. When I first heard that shit I didn't know what to think.

:lol: Money's always an issue. Right now I'm uber cheap cause I'm carefully saving for my dream half stack. I'm patient, spending my all my weekends and vacation at work instead of with friends and family, hounding my friends for the money they owe me, and pretty much doing my Jewish ancestors proud.

Just save. Good things will come in time. I'm kinda happy I waited as long as I did to get my seven cause I got a great deal and it was one that I really wanted (a Warlcok).

Cool man, I know what you mean, That album is awesome!:yesway:

')