Drop G Artists/Songs?

• Thread starter Thundercloud
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sponge

Carpe Diem
Reaction score
If you want to tune your upper strings up a lot you could play devin townsend/Strapping Young Lad's post 2004 stuff (he tunes GCGCGCE, I know Alien at least was recorded on a massively downtuned 6 string and thus didn't use the high E). If you want to stay in drop G I'm sure some of his songs are playable without moving off the lowest three strings. Large chunks of By Your Command and Ziltoid Attax, for example.

Jed didn't like using 7 strings. He used the low G on LTD Eclipses. 24.75 inch scale and low G were a pain to tune and think of that guy's picking attack. He used .60 gauge for the low G, same with Dev, but he was playing on an LTD SC607B at 27 inch scale with a .60.

Fear Factory used low G when Christian was on guitar too.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score

I know Dino went down to G on a couple of their bonus tracks, on which songs did Christian go to down on G?

coffinwisdom

Reaction score
Jed didn't like using 7 strings. He used the low G on LTD Eclipses. 24.75 inch scale and low G were a pain to tune and think of that guy's picking attack. He used .60 gauge for the low G, same with Dev, but he was playing on an LTD SC607B at 27 inch scale with a .60.

I think Jed had a baritone for songs off The New Black. In the Download Festival live video you can see him switch guitars and the scale length definitely looks longer

teamSKDM

Reaction score
Don't forget, you can still play d standard! Dream theater and necrophagist and death all day!

meteor685

Reaction score
Disperse riffs will keep you busy on the rhyhtm guitars, but are great rhythm help =)

WintermintP

Lead/Rhythm Guitar, One Minute Winter
Reaction score
Whitechapel's S/T, The Saw is the Law, and Mark of the Blade all have songs with Drop G tuning as far as I can remember. Also, virtually all of our (One Minute Winter) new songs ever since the stuff from The Light LP are all in Drop G.

I just found out Jason Richardson's Fragments is also in Drop G. Might be a good idea to check that out.

WintermintP

Last edited:

WintermintP

Lead/Rhythm Guitar, One Minute Winter
Reaction score
Oh my, sorry, did I say The Saw is the Law?! I actually meant the Our Endless War album! The Saw is the Law and Our Endless War both are in Drop G, not sure about the other ones. Again, though, One Minute Winter (my band) has about 4 or 5 songs in Drop G as of late, and that number is increasing very soon.

WintermintP

Latest posts

')