Drop G bands?

• Thread starter Jackley
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jackley

LordJackley
Reaction score
I hope this is the right area to post this. If not woopsy daisy.

Anyway, I was hoping to get some help on bands that play in Drop G (on sevenstrings).

I already listen to Born of Osiris and I'm getting sick of playing the same songs that I know of in Drop G.

Help would be appreciated!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DXL

Reaction score
Whitechapel's self titled album is in Drop G

lewis

Reaction score
Heart of a Coward's latest album Severance is a masterpiece.

One of the best modern groove/Djent albums you will hear and the production is fantastic.

All songs are Drop G and Drop F# on that album. It sounds ....ing mindblowing. Incredible live band too :hbang:

AJS

Reaction score
Fear Factory has a few songs on their album Mechanize. I can't remember for the life of me which ones. :scratch:

cwhitey2

BlackendCrust Metal™
Reaction score
The band I used to play in played in drop G :lol:

FollowTheSigns

Reaction score
Good topic. I'm usually in drop G, and just like you I get really sick of playing the same songs.

I don't know any more besides the ones mentioned, BoO, Whitechapels self titled, maybe a couple Impending Doom songs?

I just got an Axe Fx and I'm utilizing the pitch block to essentially change my tuning to play other songs! Very useful.

teamSKDM

Reaction score
Evolve is in drop g. but surprisingly theres more bands in drop f than g which I find weird. im a drop g player when I play 7's and there is some slim pickings. Theres alot of d standard stuff to learn like death or necrophagist ,dream theater and plenty others.

lewis

Reaction score
my band are now using Drop F# on a 7 string. We started using Drop G and just found that extra bit lower made a surprisingly huge positive difference to our material so we left it :hbang:

I have a personal goal to get some Drop E songs done on a 7 string though.

')