Drop G:HD500&Dimarzios

• Thread starter Blazerok
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Blazerok

Reaction score
I made a new short clip, this time with my guitar tuned down to drop G, still using my HD 500, with the fireball model. This one sounds fatter, although sloppier. This is probably due to my lack of adjustments to my patches to accomodate the lower range.
Anyway, here it is! hope you like it!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Blazerok

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback! The snare especially is quite low. I actually lowered the OH because i found them too present. The Kick IMO is loud enough though, but if you feel it is to quiet as well, i'll take it into account.

Rain

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback! The snare especially is quite low. I actually lowered the OH because i found them too present. The Kick IMO is loud enough though, but if you feel it is to quiet as well, i'll take it into account.

I guess I should have been more specific. Yes, the kick is at a pretty good level but I felt the it needed more oomph? Idk that's just me. I like my kicks powerful. The snare does need more presence though. The overhead is fine :)

Blazerok

Reaction score
I guess I should have been more specific. Yes, the kick is at a pretty good level but I felt the it needed more oomph? Idk that's just me. I like my kicks powerful. The snare does need more presence though. The overhead is fine :)

cool! Next time i'll check my kick for a fatter tone, and my snare overall(i have to say the snare is pretty much my worst enemy though :lol: )
Anyway, your feedback is really appreciated!

Fraz

Reaction score
Thanks!
It was the XXL cab, I found it was The most usable cab with the fireball model.
I'm in the same boat! The XXL is in fact the only cab I use on my hi-gain patches. I just find that the others are way too thin in comparison.
If you're ever looking to experiment, i've found that with a little pre-tone shaping the Uber model can sound like the F-ball with more growl :)

Zorkuus

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat! The XXL is in fact the only cab I use on my hi-gain patches. I just find that the others are way too thin in comparison.
That's where dual amp comes in. I've found the combination of the Blackback and the XXL work well with any of the high gain amps. Blackback for the definition and mids/highs and XXL for the boom. I haven't for the life of me found a way to make a good modern rhythm tone with just one amp with the POD HD.

Fraz

Reaction score
The Blackback you say? I will have to try that out. I've only had relative success with the highway XXL combo so far.

Blazerok

Reaction score
That's where dual amp comes in. I've found the combination of the Blackback and the XXL work well with any of the high gain amps. Blackback for the definition and mids/highs and XXL for the boom. I haven't for the life of me found a way to make a good modern rhythm tone with just one amp with the POD HD.

Thats very cool! I'll try it out later today!

http://line6.com/customtone/tone/218678

The patch is here, I may have tweaked it a tiny bit since that time, but it should be pretty close!

If you're ever looking to experiment, i've found that with a little pre-tone shaping the Uber model can sound like the F-ball with more growl :)

I'll try this one too! i know i really like the line 6 electrik too, wich is the old uber model if I remember correctly!

')