Drop tunes

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

shadowgenesis

Yarrrrrr
Reaction score
i dunno. I've done every variant of standard or drop D tuning from E down to C# and found that each one has it's own different feel. I've written songs in drop C that I just wouldn't want to play in drop D and vice versa.
One day i will have a shitload of guitars in a shitload of tunings. Though as far as 7's i dunno if i'll go much beyond standard and maybe down to A. But who knows.

yevetz

I am a COCK!!!!!!!!!
Contributor
Reaction score
I start this thread coz MY OPINOIN (ONLY MINE DON'T START TO SHITTING ME) is all drop tunings is a shit.......

Thanks for replies :D

Peace

D

Desecrated

I start this thread coz MY OPINOIN (ONLY MINE DON'T START TO SHITTING ME) is all drop tunings is a shit.......

Thanks for replies :D

Peace

Thats cause your guitars/amps cant handle the low notes :fawk:
Get a schecter :D

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
I dont like tuning below A. I prefer standard or down 1 step with a high G string.

yevetz

I am a COCK!!!!!!!!!
Contributor
Reaction score
Thats cause your guitars/amps cant handle the low notes :fawk:
Get a schecter :D

man I working on studio and we have there 3 amps

1 H&K attax 100 (my favourite)

2 Mesa recto 3 (Head+cab)

3 Marshall JCM 2000 (Head+cab)

So man I just don't like it

More I don't like al drop tunings ...coz as I know tunning down needs in that case if your vocalist need it (If his voice is very low) my vocalist sing in B.........so that means that I don't need to tune my guitars down

And about Schecter ....I want C-7 FR but before this I want to buy 2228 and after it I will know , need I 7-string anymore or only 8-string :D

D

Desecrated

man I working on studio and we have there 3 amps

1 H&K attax 100 (my favourite)

2 Mesa recto 3 (Head+cab)

3 Marshall JCM 2000 (Head+cab)

So man I just don't like it

More I don't like al drop tunings ...coz as I know tunning down needs in that case if your vocalist need it (If his voice is very low) my vocalist sing in B.........so that means that I don't need to tune my guitars down

And about Schecter ....I want C-7 FR but before this I want to buy 2228 and after it I will know , need I 7-string anymore or only 8-string :D

get the 2228, get a high a string and a low b, that would probably fit you.

yevetz

I am a COCK!!!!!!!!!
Contributor
Reaction score
get the 2228, get a high a string and a low b, that would probably fit you.

No I don't like high leads...... I want get F# for tappuing bass line :D

:taunt:

jks

man I don't say that I can't get low tunings I said that I just dont play with it ...coz my favourite sound is bright sound of 9-52 strings and if I will tune down I will lost my bright

D

Desecrated

No I don't like high leads...... I want get F# for tappuing bass line :D

:taunt:

jks

man I don't say that I can't get low tunings I said that I just dont play with it ...coz my favourite sound is bright sound of 9-52 strings and if I will tune down I will lost my bright

don't use the highest notes, the higher strings helps with playing chords and melody, but tapping low f is nice to, go for it.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I usually play in drop tunings...I don't really care lol. The stuff I write I can usually play in standard or drop but sometime the chording is too fast to use standard :shrug: The POS pickups in my H-207 sound better in drop-B than in B-standard though, lol. It's in standard atm though haha.

D

Desecrated

though it takes some time to develop that style of play.

touchstyle yes, but the high a is really easy to adjust to, much easier then the low b for me.
(touchstyle is a bitch, especially chords)

Fallen

Reaction score
did someone tryed bf#beac#f# :)
using at the moment .. that last f# is too high for anything :D

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
I have my S-7420 in B standard and my Hellraiser in Drop A

Personally, I'm starting to love tuning in drop A, rather than just more low end, It opens a lot of new chord shapes that you can't do on standard tunings, or are difficult to finger them. If you have a pickup with a decent definition, you can do two-octave chords or powerchords with octaves added, that work wonders if you're the only guitarist in the band.

You can also do powerchords on the fifth string, and play the bass notes in the 7th with your fist finger in barre chord shape. Great for retaining the brutality of palm-muted notes while doing higher chords, or for getting your own bass line while playing clean chords.

And of course, it sounds evil as hell. :shred:

')