Drum mixing feedback

prabragu

Reaction score
Hey! I'm working on a project, and I'm somewhat new to recording/mixing&mastering, but everyone has to start somewhere! I need to clean up the guitars/add layers to the guitar parts still. I'd appreciate any constructive feedback on how drum track sounds right now and any tips to mixing them better!
Thanks!

https://app.box.com/s/mzp9wfvx8hlx1me4w25g

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Seybsnilksz

Reaction score
To my ears the kick could be lower and also not as clicky, but if that's the sound you like you should use it. The snare doesn't sound too bad but could also be lowered. The drums doesn't sound dull at least. Personally, I would also like the cymbals to ring out a bit more.

Ill-Gotten James

Reaction score
I'm not exactly sure what type of drum sound you are going for, but the drums sound very thin and boxed in, as does the mix as a whole. That could be because there sounds like there is no bass guitar in the mix or low frequencies for that matter. I can hear the thump of the kick drum, but that sounds to be the majority of the low end. In my opinion sounds like your kick has a little too much click to it, but as was already posted, if that is what sounds good to you, go for it.

prabragu

Reaction score
After listening again, I can hear that it's too clicky. I'll try removing some high end when equalizing it, but I want to keep the kick somewhat punchy. I'll reduce the snare, and try to work on varying the cymbals too. Thanks for the input!

prabragu

Reaction score
Hmm, I'll try bringing out the drums a little more. Yeah, I feel like everything sounds too tinny, and that might be because I haven't done any bass guitar yet. Do you have any tips to increasing the low end of the mix without making everything too muddy?

Latest posts

')