Drum software

• Thread starter nicknuisance
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nicknuisance

Master Shredder
Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone know of some drum software, to write and play drum tracks? Something to play to?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DSS3

Banned
Reaction score
DFHS, in my experience, is the best. I've heard absolutely amazing things out of RMIV from Linplug, though, so I have that on the way to try out.

If you're on the cheapz0rs, get EZdrummer.

KillMAH

Mr. Fumblefingers
Reaction score
I would agree with Jeff. I had been playing with everything from quantizing pasted prercorded samples to Fuityloops to LeafDrums before actually shopping for real software. I listened to a lot of samples that other more experienced users had created, and Drumkit From Hell Superior was clearly the best. It had a learning curve to it...maybe because I had little real experience with softsynths...but I got the hang of it rapidly. It has some compatibility issues depending on your recording software. For example, it is somewhat cumbersome with Sonar if you use the VST Adapter. However, it is a very powerful piece of software and sounds great.

')