Dsonic on mahogany

• Thread starter What Remains7
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all guys, this is my first post.
I have a carvin dc727 with mahogany body and maple top. Have any idea on how a dimarzio DS7 would sound on my axe?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Coiso

Reaction score
it would sound "nose-ish" if you ask me!

but all dimarzios tend to sound very "nasal" to me, so, don't take my word for it!

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
The D Sonic 7 isn't very nasally at all, and I know what you mean, Coiso. It's actually very clear, with good bass, great clarity, and a smooth, snarly midrange.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The D Sonic 7 isn't very nasally at all, and I know what you mean, Coiso. It's actually very clear, with good bass, great clarity, and a smooth, snarly midrange.

+1 the D-Sonic 7 is a great pickup. It might be a little bright if it's a thick maple cap, but that can be easily fixed with a little EQ tweaking :agreed:

Hellbound

€£¥€£¥€£¥€£•
Reaction score
it would sound "nose-ish" if you ask me!

but all dimarzios tend to sound very "nasal" to me, so, don't take my word for it!

say what?:scratch: :scratch:

I love Dimarzio's and I use the D sonic 7 in my K7 which of course is Mahogany and I think it sounds perfect. It's somewhat similar to the paf7 that comes with it just haz more gain and sounds alot more clearer and dynamic. It totally owns trust me. The only other pickup I am still very interested in trying is the D activator but so far this D sonic 7 is definately holding me over I'll be using it for a while.

')