Dual or triple rectifier?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It depends.

I sold my 3channel Triple Rectifier for a Multi-Watt Dual Rectifier, and I like the Multi-watt Dual more.

My friend had a 3channel Dual the same time I had my 3chan Triple, and out of those two, the Triple did sound a bit more brutal.

So, I go with the multi-watt Dual Recto, but out of the older heads I would get the Triple.

The Multi-Watt Dual is a HUGE improvement over the original 3Ch version. The Multi-Watt Triple is even better, IMO. :yesway:

Deliverowned

Tabernach
Reaction score
Id go with a dual one just cause when I would retube it with Kt88s and then save like 100$ in retubing cost. (2x35 +1 more rectifier).

Maybe im just too poor to own a mesa. I have a fryette tho.

jdecaire

Reaction score
I picked up a Triple Rec used about a year ago, its crazy powerful and packs one hell of a punch. It's definitely the best amp I've owned (comparing it against a JCM 2000, Randall T2, and a Peavey 6505). I would go triple rec unless you can find a 2 channel dual rec...those heads are amazing.

TRENCHLORD

Banned
Reaction score
More watts= more thud. (in this case anyway)
Really becomes more appearent when pushing the volume up and when in a band mix.

With the older 2/3 channel duals you can pull 2 tubes and half your ohms in the case of wanting to use it for practice when kids and/or bitchy wife/neighbors are sleeping, or if your wanting to conserve on tube wear/replacement. I know many say there's not a big volume difference between 50w and 100w (and they are right), but it does make a big difference in lower volume self attenuation.
With the older 2/3 channel triples you are stuck with 150w (damm the awsome luck).

Latest posts

')