Dual recto clinging noise question

• Thread starter Mprinsje
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mprinsje

st. anger ain't bad!
Reaction score
Heya,

I've got a 2 channel rev G recto. The rectifier tubes make a clinging noise when I carry the amp around, or when i have it in my car and I ride over bumps etc.

Now, I don't use it on tube rectifier mode. Could I take the rectifier tubes out and have it still working properly? Nothing wrong with the amp in any other regard, and even with this it works well. I'm just annoyed with it ringing about in the back seat of my car.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
How have you narrowed it down to the rectifier tubes exactly?

Shask

Reaction score
Yeah, you can take them out if you only use the Diode mode.

However, I would replace them, just because I dont like having things that dont work 100%. Plus, the Tube Recto mode can be cool.

Mprinsje

st. anger ain't bad!
Reaction score
Allright thanks for the information!

I'll probably take them out for now and when I need to record with it I'll buy some new tubes.

warped

Reaction score
I run mine with the rectifier tubes removed. (I had a bad rectifier tube that was causing the amp to blow a fuse (even though I run it in silicon diode mode)). Have run it with the rectifier tubes pulled out ever since.

')