Duncan Invader Pickup Height

• Thread starter Erik DePriest
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I had someone tell me that with Invaders you can and might want to lower them a little bit as opposed to say stock pick ups, is this correct?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
Generally speaking, pickup height is largely subjective/personal preference. The claim someone informed you of is correct in the sense that the Invaders are hot pickups, while most stock pickups aren't as hot, so lowering the pickups a little will then compensate for the increased output of the Invaders.

Some people like running hot and powerful pickups at regular distances, others prefer running them at lower distances from the string. It's all about experimenting and finding out what is best for you.

Zoobiedood

Reaction score
There is a little truth to the OP's statement, especially when trying to get the Invader to balance with other pickups. The Invader doesn't really balance well with many other pickups, so if that is off the table (sometimes wiring a switch for parallel helps), just set it where it sounds good.

MASS DEFECT

SS.ORG Infiltrator
Reaction score
I set mine as low as it can flush on the pickup ring. Balances things out and gives you more highs and less distortion. But it really depends on your string gauge. I have pretty heavy gauge strings and my action is not that low.

An Invader too high up is just mush.

')