Duncan neck suggestions

• Thread starter WarOfAttrition
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

WarOfAttrition

Reaction score
Hey guys, a while ago I had a NPUD post that fucked up haha. I got the SH-5 Custom and the SH-6 Distortion. I got them to put in my bolt on alder Epiphone SG and experiment with tones! I need help for picking neck pickups for them. I was looking at the SH-1 '59 for the neck to match the SH-5 Custom and the SH-2 Jazz to match the SH-6 Distortion. My tone will mainly be metal but I want to have a fairly versatile pup combination because I play blues and jazz aswell.

EDIT!
I forgot to say, I am unable to get the SH-6n in Australia!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

vanhendrix

Reaction score
Well since I can never remember which number means which pickup, I'm not entirely sure which pickup you can't get. Too lazy to do my research right now lol.

I can tell you this however: the jazz is a brilliantly clear neck pickup that will both convey your playing and your guitar's inherent tone. This can be a good or bad thing, depending on where you stand. It also splits to a really good single sound.

The 59 is a great pickup that will cover a lot of ground. It can clean up, or it can scream. It has more midrange and more of a vintage feel than the jazz though. Also splits well

The jb neck version is decent, and works well with distortion. To tell you the truth, I don't use this one very much because of the bullshit switch placement on my KV2. Thanks for that Mr. Mustaine....

Latest posts

')