Duuuude, Time Man. (S2.0, tse, schecter, fun)

• Thread starter feeleuphoria
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

feeleuphoria

Reaction score
Just finished up a song minus some lead guitars, tell me if its any good/sucks nuts/or is just simply ok. Thanks! :)

[SC]https://soundcloud.com/matt-denson/duuude-time-man[/SC]

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

feeleuphoria

Reaction score
Thanks a lot dude! I really appreciate it, and alright sure, do some vocals for it if you want :)

Anyone else like it/hate it?

faloppa

Reaction score
Man sounds really good! I can't hear/feel the bass though, I think it would be good to bring it up. What IRs did you use?

feeleuphoria

Reaction score
Thanks everyone! i finally got to update this some more. What you think?
the impulse used is 1 on pres hi

[SC]https://soundcloud.com/matt-denson/duuude-time-man-update-3[/SC]

prabragu

Reaction score
The updated version sounds better in my opinion. I really dig the music/composition, really solid. My only complaint is the snare sound, i think it's too....round sounding? and I think it (the snare) could be turned down a little. otherwise, super sweet song!

ambler3

Reaction score
The drums need a bit of work in my mind, the snare it particular, it sounds ridiculously gated . Which is not helped by how high it's turned up in the first section of the song.
In the second section it fits in better though.

JamesM

The Armada
Reaction score
Mixing tip: turn it way down when it's playing and hear what sticks out... Your mix is way off kilter.

feeleuphoria

Reaction score
Thanks everyone! Glad you like the song :)

The snare is one of my weak points. Drums in general, really. I have this specific sound that I like and want to achieve, but it just seems the more I try to eq to fix it, the worse it gets. The new animals as leaders album has a near perfect drum sound to me. I absolutely love everything about that production.

Yeah, I have been experimenting with this mix a lot and some of it is real hit and miss. I have been finding a new approach so it's definitely been worth it. Thank you guys so much for your advise.

I will try that turning the mix down and listening like that to adjust too because that makes a lot of sense. Thanks everyone!

Shammas

Reaction score
Wow! Something about the tone on that intro riff is really unique and awesome. And the Meshuggah riff about halfway through is killer.

davidgotmilk

Reaction score
I really dig the composition, and great guitar tone, the only thing I would change is the bass. Its not that its not loud enough or too quiet, I just feel its not even enough, and doesn't mesh with the guitars. Atleast thats my taste. Again with what the guy said up there, for me its not a volume thing, its I don't "feel" the bass. Killer comp though :)

feeleuphoria

Reaction score
Thanks a lot dudes! :D

and you are totally right david, i love good bass tones, but cant for the life of me acheive one lol. yet, anyway.
I did this update! lets hear it, what do you guys think?
adjusted volumes and tried to get the bass and everything in proportion.
[SC]https://soundcloud.com/matt-denson/duuude-time-man-up4[/SC]

')