Dweezil Zappas PRS

Riffer

No Title
Reaction score
I thought some of you PRS fans would like to check out Dweezils Private Stock PRS guitar. I remember seeing the bookmatched top before he picked it out and it was magical. It went from really strong quilt on one edge and faded seemlessly into strong flame on the opposite edge. He also chose the PRS Mandolin shape instead of a traditional PRS body design. They did a story on it in Premier Guitar Magazine.
Gorgeous Freak of Nature: Building Dweezil Zappa's Custom PRS - Premier Guitar

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I really dig that "reduced" cutaway.

The inlay is pretty badass as well. :yum:

StreamImage.aspx

If it had a trem I'd have to make a little "trip". :lol:

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
:ugh:

I dig everything but the reduced cutaway. I always found the fret access to be fine on the regular cutaways, but that makes it look super castrated. Those inlays however, :yum:

dewy

Beet Farmer
Reaction score
those aren't narrowfields as stated in the article, and that lower cutaway is kind of :ugh: but other than that it looks kind of fucking awesome

Corwin

Reaction score
Nice!
I hope I'll see it next month when Zappa Plays Zappa comes here.

GiantBaba

omnicidal godmachine
Contributor
Reaction score
Hmm, interesting for sure. I like the design, seems clever. Thanks for posting this.

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
I made a thread afew days ago about PRS's and complained how none of the hollowbody ones had 24 frets.. and then this comes up.. Guess I got owned.

wow. That looks awesome. Bet its not for sale to the public though, or super pricy =[

Cheesebuiscut

Loves his Q-tuners
Reaction score
Holy shit that reduced cutaway makes the prs shape perfect!

Not everyones cup of tea I know but I need that kind of cutaway for proper unrestricted fret access. WOW want.

snowblind56

Reaction score
I really dig the shape, but the headstock seems off to me. Maybe it just needs to be reversed, or maybe a 6 inline might look better? :scratch:

Desi

You can't handle me!
Reaction score
This is a bit off the subject, but Dweezil looks more and more like papa Frank everytime I see him. Yea, I know the whole father/son thing, but out of all his male offspring, Dweezil takes after his dad the most.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
This is a bit off the subject, but Dweezil looks more and more like papa Frank everytime I see him. Yea, I know the whole father/son thing, but out of all his male offspring, Dweezil takes after his dad the most.

:agreed:

It's the nose and cheekbones.

:stitch: :lol:

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
:agreed:

It's the nose and cheekbones.

:stitch: :lol:

Agreed.

Arg this frustrated me even more than Dweezil is in my city in 2 weeks and I cant find a ticket for sale =[ Sucks being broke when bands come that get sold out in a day. Not even any on Kijiji or anywhere =/

Beardyman

Beardaholic.
Reaction score
I think that thing is gorgeous! Love the body shape personally, very quirky. The inlays aren't really my style, but they're different and look pretty ossim. I love how the quilt "fades" into the flame so smoothly, it looks rediculous. WANT.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I saw pics of it on Dweezil's site a few weeks ago when he posted video of it in his Axe-FX demos. I don't care much for the stubby lower horn, but hey, it's not my guitar! :)

The 1-piece top is pretty epic, though.

Bungle

Sir Roger Moore, KBE
Reaction score
I'm surprised to say the shape is growing on me and the quilt-to-flame maple is :agreed:

Also, a fact about Dweezil Zappa, he was in "The Running Man" with Arnold Schwarzenegger :yesway:

Gren

Reaction score
That's such an awesome idea for inlays.

Chumple Spuzz

Righteous Dude
Reaction score
thats definitely the coolest custom PRS since al di meola's crazy rainbow one. totally digging the ultra-low cutaway...plus...i get to see him tonight. maybe i'll steal it.:shred:

Chumple Spuzz

Righteous Dude
Reaction score
thats definitely the coolest custom PRS since al di meola's crazy rainbow one. totally digging the ultra-low cutaway...plus...i get to see him tonight. maybe i'll steal it.:shred:
im just kidding by the way. still, im incredibly excited to see it live.

')