Dysprosium playthrough (distorted slap basses instead of distorted guitars)

DeKay

Caynug
Reaction score
So I decided to do something new to my ears and simple used 2 distorted slap bass lines panned 100% right and left instead of normal guitar distortion.

All in all this track haves 3 distortion basses playing at once, sounds like mud in textual form but see and listen for yourself how it sounds! (There will be a full EP of this stuff and more so keep an eye on that if you are interested)

Dysprosium Playthrough:

Bass used is an Yamaha RBX375 plugged into my POD HD Bean for the distortion.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DVRP

The HUMANCENTiPAD
Reaction score
I actually really like this man. I feel like if you maybe utilized more guitar but keep them really effects driven, but more melodic content to support the bass lines.

I think getting some vocals over this would really make it shine instead of more guitar though.

DeKay

Caynug
Reaction score
I actually really like this man. I feel like if you maybe utilized more guitar but keep them really effects driven, but more melodic content to support the bass lines.

I think getting some vocals over this would really make it shine instead of more guitar though.

Thank you man! You mean like here?

[SC]http://soundcloud.com/caynug/the-drunken-im-drunk-as-hell[/SC]

ChrizzleA

Reaction score
This is badass. Definitley wasn't what i expected, in a good way, cool groove!

TauSigmaNova

Guitarist Wannabe.
Reaction score
While not my thing it's definitely interesting and original. Nice work. If only more people experimented like you :p Keep it up.

Colbear

Reaction score
Groovy! Liking this a lot. It does feel slighting "lacking" at first without the support of strong guitar melodies and whatnot over it, but I don't think that's a bad thing! Interested in more, for sure.

DeKay

Caynug
Reaction score
Groovy! Liking this a lot. It does feel slighting "lacking" at first without the support of strong guitar melodies and whatnot over it, but I don't think that's a bad thing! Interested in more, for sure.

Thank you! Will fill this instrumental EP with more synths to make it stand out more! I don't think it needs vocals either :)

DeKay

Caynug
Reaction score
While not my thing it's definitely interesting and original. Nice work. If only more people experimented like you :p Keep it up.

That made me smile so much because I think about that so many times. I aim at innovating and doing something new because why do what others do all the time when I can just make my own thing?

Thank you man, the EP is not far away!

Syriel

owns a .strandberg*
Reaction score
Heavy as fvck. I like it. Definitely needs something to add some melody to it. Synths / Guitars only for melody would work wonders! :hbang:

DeKay

Caynug
Reaction score
Heavy as fvck. I like it. Definitely needs something to add some melody to it. Synths / Guitars only for melody would work wonders! :hbang:

Thank you :)
I will fiddle around with more synths to add more high depth into the main parts on this particular song :)

DVRP

The HUMANCENTiPAD
Reaction score
Thank you :)
I will fiddle around with more synths to add more high depth into the main parts on this particular song :)

Id try some less conventional instruments for the synth. Mallet instruments could sound pretty sweet with this. I think percussive instruments that provide melody would work best.

')