Easy way of transitioning from 6 string to 7 string

• Thread starter vejichan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

vejichan

Reaction score
To experienced 7 string users

Lets saye you have EADGBE for a standard 6 string tuning a 7 string is an extra string on top of that ...so how do you connect/visualize chords, scales etc from a 6 string to a 7 string?

Also, on tuning...what are some common 7 string tunings?
For example i normally use standard e, eb, standard d and drop c for 6 string...so to cover those tunings on a 7 string what tuning would that be?

l. Educate me on this..can i cover 6 string drop c tuning with a 7 string guitar? I sold my drop c guutar last year and miss that tuning alot. So looking for a decent 6 or 7 string to do drop c.

vejichan

Reaction score
Jesus Veji. This is like 50 first dates, I swear.
Well i figure why get 1 drop c 6 string and 1 7 string when i can just get a 7 string to cover the drop c 6 string stuff. But been apprehensive in getting a 7 string for a long time but might as well give it a try. But b4 getting it i need to understand some basic concepts.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mboogie7

When the fuck did we get ice cream?
Reaction score
At this point just shut the fuck up, buy a 7 string and stop asking us to hold your hand through every little uncertainty. Why, in all honesty, are you making something as simple and fun as a damn hobby into quantum physics?

For fuck sake, have some self awareness.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
How is someone a member of the seven string guitar forum for ELEVEN YEARS and then asks how seven string guitars work?

Thread Title said:
Veji, at this point, it should be abundantly clear that there isn't an easy way out of just about anything, outside of just getting out there and doing the thing you're asking about. Stop asking, start doing. You're never going to learn anything if you demand that the world holds your hand through every little thing you do. This is a hobby that takes hours upon hours upon hours of practice and study and noodling and googling gear you'll never buy and buying gear you'll never play and then more practice, etc. etc. forever.

THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT.

The whole point of taking up something like a musical instrument is to put the time in and go through that process. It's the journey, it's not the destination. If you're not going to take part in the process, then what exactly are you expecting to get out of this? If you want to try out a 7, then go try out a 7 and be done with it.

Calija

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
To experienced 7 string users

Lets saye you have EADGBE for a standard 6 string tuning a 7 string is an extra string on top of that ...so how do you connect/visualize chords, scales etc from a 6 string to a 7 string?

Also, on tuning...what are some common 7 string tunings?
For example i normally use standard e, eb, standard d and drop c for 6 string...so to cover those tunings on a 7 string what tuning would that be?

l. Educate me on this..can i cover 6 string drop c tuning with a 7 string guitar? I sold my drop c guutar last year and miss that tuning alot. So looking for a decent 6 or 7 string to do drop c.
If you down tune the B string to an A then it might help. Bit of a caveman solution but it works cus now theres just two a strings very nice. If you want to take it another step further down tun the B and the E that would be fun

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
maxresdefault.jpg

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Shit, I made this no joke 11 years ago, but maybe it'll help you if you buy a 7.

Latest posts