EBMM BFR JP7

• Thread starter Adam Of Angels
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Of Angels

The GAS Man
Reaction score
Brief & Accurate Description: MINT condition Ernie Ball Music Man Ball Family Reserve John Petrucci 7 String in Walnut Burst - only some light pick scratches/swirling, nothing more

Mahogany Neck w/ Rosewood Fretboard (Yes, its painted - NO its not slow as a mountain - this is JP's sig, after all)
Alder Body w/ Mahogany Tone Block from the bridge to the neck pocket
Highly Figured Quilted Maple Cap
Fully Floating Trem with Piezo System (These are THE best trems, in my opinion)
Schaller M6-IND Locking Tuners with Pearl Buttons (find better tuners and I'll give you a hamster)
Crunchlab in the bridge, Liquifire in the neck
Walnut Burst finish (Discontinued Color - these are already hard to get - it will only get worse)

If you've played a BFR before, I hit your most well protected GAS button and you're already scheming to get this from me in what ever way is possible. If you haven't, but have played a standard JP signature model, you've been wanting to try one of these bad enough that you're scheming just that same. If you don't fit into one of those categories, do yourself a favor and do what it takes to change that.

This is the 2nd best guitar I've ever played/heard - number one being the BFR Baritone JP6 I used to have (I simply prefer 6 strings these days, and baritone scales to boot).

The tone is unmatched - the combination of woods and construction, along with the perfect pickups for this particular guitar, create a tone that is so rich, clear, bold and beautiful that I'm pretty sure my first few custom builds are going to follow suit. This will honestly cover a range from the most mellow, rich clean tones to the heaviest, most brutal death metal tones, with everything in between. Most companies make the same claim about their guitars, but EBMM knows their guitars speak for themselves, and this is just my honest description. Additionally, the fact that the piezo/bridge is built directly into the Mahogany tone block means that you can dial in fantastic, 100% usable acoustic tones. I've had nothing but problems with piezos in the past, but these guitars have eased that frustration.

As far as feel is concerned, you're simply going to have one hell of a time trying to beat this one. Its a much different feel than the lightning fast, gun-stock oiled standard JP's, but make no mistake: the painted neck is NOT sticky and slow on these. In fact, its quite fast. If I knew how they accomplished this, I'd share (the website says its a high gloss polyester), but all I can say is that this is the most playable painted neck I've played to date.

The action is set damn low, and even with medium-tension strings and my incredibly heavy picking hand I have no buzzing going on.

The fretwork is the 3rd best I've played - 1st being Parker, 2nd being Ibanez J-Customs. That's saying a lot, however, as the other two are outrageous and out of this world.

The guitar has a really nice weight - probably more than 9 pounds, but I'm just guessing as I haven't actually weighed it. As I've said, it simply growls, sings, and responds in a way that you'll only understand after you've spent time with it.

Modifications: None

Accessories: Hardshell case, tools, trem arm, case candy

Contact Info: PM me or: adamofangels@gmail.com

References: I have tons from SevenString.org, Harmony-Central, rig-talk, Jemsite, bmusic, the Gear Page, etc.

Price: I'm looking for trades.

Things I like are:

PRS
Suhr
Ibanez Prestige and J-Custom
ESP
EBMM BFR
Anderson
Caparison
Gibson (some - I'm picky though)
Engl
VHT
Elmwood
Deizel

...but I'm open to all ideas - I'm very easily pleased. I'm willing to add or take cash depending on the deal.

Pictures:

DSC02461.jpg

DSC02462.jpg

DSC02459.jpg

DSC02463.jpg

DSC02465.jpg

DSC02466.jpg

DSC02467.jpg

DSC02468.jpg

DSC02470.jpg

DSC02471.jpg

DSC02475.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

teqnick

The only person that liked the new Faceless album
Reaction score
That's the Ball Family Reserve case, bruh.

kevyp12

Reaction score
your probably going to say no, but schecter c7 hellraiser and some cash??? if not, how much money would you charge? i know you said trades, but i dont see why you cant take some money and use it to by another guitar

Khaine88

SS.org's Welsh Guy>
Reaction score
Porth, Rhondda Cynon Taff, South Wales, UK
Hmm, how is this compared to the JPX BFR 7 string actually? becuase this would be 200 quid cheaper for me to buy than the JPX 7 from From Drumcityguitarland seen as thats like 2800 Dollars or 1700 pounds w/e.

If youve still got it in a month or two Ill bite :>,
I would buy it now But I just bought a new car and that ENGL Invader a month ago ><

Junnage

Reaction score
I was just curious. I have a Gibson Les Paul Standard in Cherry set up with .10's in E standard lying around that I've been meaning to sell at some point. Not a custom shop or anything like that so I doubted you would be interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
')