EBMM JP7 good for a first 7?

• Thread starter SpiritCrusher86
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SpiritCrusher86

Plays 6-Strings
Reaction score
I love the JP6 version, but i've never played the 7. how does it compare? would it be good for a first 7? I mean, if i don't like it, I could always resell it. How much do they typically go for used (i don't really need the piezo)?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
It has one of the most playable necks i've ever laid hands on. I'd say it would make a perfect first 7.

Necrophagist777

can't bend....
Reaction score
It was my first 7, and I ain't looking back. It's a superb instrument. If I had to have only 1 guitar it would be my JP7, with the piezos and pickup combination it is supremely versatile and plays like a dream.

mrhankey87

Banned
Reaction score
It will be awful as a first 7 because everything else you'll play in the future will feel like crap in comparison :):):)

Jbryant95

Reaction score
I think it's a great first seven. It was my first seven, but it does make other guitars feel like crap in comparison.

walleye

Reaction score
does anyone here in melbourne stock ebmm?

davis music in footscray stocks them, but they definitely wont carry a JP7.
colin at guitarplanet.com.au is probably youre best bet. he can order anything you want and will usually give you a cheaper price than other stores (most music stores around melbourne stock EBMM basses, so as such they can specially order a guitar for you, but will charge you several body parts)

other than that its ebay....

musicman are hard to grab in australia but theyre so worth it

Furtive Glance

Unfamiliar with the type of thing I’m seeing.
Reaction score
GetthepiezoGetthepiezoGetthepiezoGetthepiezo

Oh, get the piezo if you can, I mean :p It really is very nice to have; plus, you get the bonus of having output jacks at the bottom instead of the side, which is nice.

DC23

Reaction score
I was thinking about getting a JP7 to replace my UV777BK. I like the UV and all, plays great, but the thought of having a decked out JP7 with piezo just seems irresistible! Would you JP7 players recommend the switch?