EBMM JP7 piezo issue

• Thread starter Ajaydizzle
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajaydizzle

Reaction score
so i recently started dicking around on my seven again and i finally got new batteries for the things piezo.
IMG_0158.jpg

i plugged it in and started twangin, using the piezo selection, but my low seventh string wasnt making any noise. upon closer inspection when i looked at the bridge, i found this...
IMG_0159.jpg

as you can see, where the string should be resting on the piezo pickup, the pickup is not even there, it seems to have fallen off all together. the electronic components are clearly visible under the string.

im not too savvy on what exactly to call that thing (lets call it the string saddle, even though it was part of the piezo) but i really have no idea where to find this thing. is it something that i can just quickly replace if i have a replacement part? or is the wiring for the piezo something i should only trust someone experienced with?

i dont gig with this (yet) so time is not really an issue, and the guitar still plays well through the magnetic pickups. the only hinderance really is that the low string feels sloppy, and 'slides' around a little too much for my liking. thanks in advance guys!

-ajaydizzle

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
It makes me sad when there are tons of people out there that would do anything to own that guitar and treat it like gold and then there is someone who owns it and obviously doesn't give a shit about it and abuses it.

Ajaydizzle

Reaction score
like i said, i havent played it in a while, due to school and life and all that shit. and honestly, saying it needs a new home is kinda insulting. i played the shit out of this guitar for years and then life got in the way.
just because its accumulated some dust doesn't mean i dont give a shit about it. and the trem? pick scratches, from LOTS of playing. sorry i dont have an air conditioned, perfectly humidified room with filtered ventilation to keep dust off of it. i live in a house... with dust
now i remember why i stopped asking for advice on these forums.

i really appreciate the advice though beneharris, you da man

beneharris

Reaction score
like i said, i havent played it in a while, due to school and life and all that shit. and honestly, saying it needs a new home is kinda insulting. i played the shit out of this guitar for years and then life got in the way.
just because its accumulated some dust doesn't mean i dont give a shit about it. and the trem? pick scratches, from LOTS of playing. sorry i dont have an air conditioned, perfectly humidified room with filtered ventilation to keep dust off of it. i live in a house... with dust
now i remember why i stopped asking for advice on these forums.

i really appreciate the advice though beneharris, you da man

no problem. post up when you get sorted out what you plan to do to fix it. :yesway:

people must be taking pissy pills today. :lol: although, it is a monday. if you guys are so offended, buy the guitar off of him

Reaction score
The first minute is enough.

But seriously, replacing the saddle is the best route to go, and if you're not confident enough to do it yourself get a tech to do it. :yesway:

steve1

Reaction score
I allow my lesser used guitars to gather dust. There's something satisfying about giving them a thorough cleaning when I go back to them.

sgswimmer

Banned
Reaction score
This.

You have some serious balls showing off a JP7 in this condition (dusty) on this forum :lol:

well if i wanted to show it off then i would have cleaned it, since it was a repair issue, i didnt think the dusty condition would have got so much attention. live and learn i guess :p

Ajaydizzle

Reaction score
well if i wanted to show it off then i would have cleaned it, since it was a repair issue, i didnt think the dusty condition would have got so much attention. live and learn i guess :p

whoops, used my old account on accident haha

iRaiseTheDead

Ashes Of Rebirth
Reaction score
If you're trying to replace it, shoot EBMM an email, I believe you can trade parts in and they'll replace that at no charge :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
')