EBMM Line-up 2017 - NAMM

• Thread starter vinniemallet
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i find that sterlings are kinda hit or miss, at least for me. i played a jp100d, the koa edition, and it honestly blew me away. my friend ended up selling it, but i played the same model at a guitar center a few months later and it was a dud for me.
every music man ive ever played however felt consistent. so in addition to no piezo, they can be just really good or just really not so good. which doesnt help if you have to order one online.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Wolfos

Guitarded
Reaction score
i find that sterlings are kinda hit or miss, at least for me. i played a jp100d, the koa edition, and it honestly blew me away. my friend ended up selling it, but i played the same model at a guitar center a few months later and it was a dud for me.
every music man ive ever played however felt consistent. so in addition to no piezo, they can be just really good or just really not so good. which doesnt help if you have to order one online.

Ahhh I see I suppose that makes sense. Once again I'd be buying online which makes it tough.

A-Branger

Reaction score
also remember the Sterling one doesnt come with dimarzios.

I think they are great for the looks, and pretty good guitars, How picky are you for it is up to you. with the lack of SS frets, and the EBMM bridge either it wont fell the same as the Majesty, but I would say "who cares" it looks cool heheh.

for the kind of playing I do, I would be happy with either, theres no store up there who has Sterlings?

Wolfos

Guitarded
Reaction score
also remember the Sterling one doesnt come with dimarzios.

I think they are great for the looks, and pretty good guitars, How picky are you for it is up to you. with the lack of SS frets, and the EBMM bridge either it wont fell the same as the Majesty, but I would say "who cares" it looks cool heheh.

for the kind of playing I do, I would be happy with either, theres no store up there who has Sterlings?

All the stirling goes I've seen have been the super cheap Silo 30s and axis guitars nothing special like a 7 string

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Man I was going to try to lay off the new guitars in 2017, but holy crap this Majesty Monarch in purple is calling my name something fierce!

MajestyPurp-1.jpg

Black hardware and that purple finish just look amazing together! The Majesty I had played SO nicely, I'm seriously tempted to grab one of these... :eek:

Mathemagician

Reaction score
Man I was going to try to lay off the new guitars in 2017, but holy crap this Majesty Monarch in purple is calling my name something fierce!

MajestyPurp-1.jpg

Black hardware and that purple finish just look amazing together! The Majesty I had played SO nicely, I'm seriously tempted to grab one of these... :eek:

You have any idea if the back of the neck is matte on these?

gossong

Reaction score

MajestyPurp-1.jpg

And we shall call it MayestyX!

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
The back being matte and the top being gloss is the perfect combo too. The matte neck on the Majesty was lovely, but I prefer the top to be gloss so that was another thing that has me favoring these over the original. :metal:

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Finally opaque finishes! Death to the shovel! Or is that the Richardson? He was always into the crazy sparkles.

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
16195236_662208357295369_4378293423870513016_n.jpg

before everyone gets too excited there will only be between 10-20 made ever. They are made of black diamons, other jewels and white gold..they are art pieces. $$$$

')