EBMM Line-up 2017 - NAMM

• Thread starter vinniemallet
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
A bit disappointing we didn't get the Petrucci 8 string or Jason's sig. Hopefully later this year.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

pott

Reaction score
This was only the winter/fall line-up. There'll be more coming up :) And they've been hinting on multiple places that there's indeed more to come...

Sermo Lupi

Reaction score
This was only the winter/fall line-up. There'll be more coming up :) And they've been hinting on multiple places that there's indeed more to come...

I was reading on the EBMM forum that one of the employees (I think Drew? I don't remember EDIT: It was Scott Ball answering questions on the EBMM Facebook page) said the Richardson sig is 2018 for sure, and the JP8 is just being worked on with no set release date. One of the mods also mentioned that EBMM never really does much for summer NAMM either (I guess last year being the exception for years' worth of absences), so there's that, too.

Basically, don't hold your breath for either the JP8 or the Jason Richardson sig before this time next year.

Wolfos

Guitarded
Reaction score
I was reading on the EBMM forum that one of the employees (I think Drew? I don't remember EDIT: It was Scott Ball answering questions on the EBMM Facebook page) said the Richardson sig is 2018 for sure, and the JP8 is just being worked on with no set release date. One of the mods also mentioned that EBMM never really does much for summer NAMM either (I guess last year being the exception for years' worth of absences), so there's that, too.

Basically, don't hold your breath for either the JP8 or the Jason Richardson sig before this time next year.

Hell I'd settle for that crazy burl top jp15 Jason Richardson has this year to tide me over till 2018.

beerandbeards

All things must pass
Reaction score
If they make a Richardson, I'd hope they'd design him a different body shape then JPs. I know he plays a JP but probably due to not having a signature. All EBMM sign are unique to the player.

I see the JP8 as a novelty unless petrucci actually plays one. It'd be like all those dean dimebag ml 7 strings. I know there's a few out there that want an 8 string EBMM but again, I hope they design a different body shape for that model as well

gossong

Reaction score
Spotted the purple sparkle Majesty on stage last night. Looked great!
That thing draws a lot of attention...

picture.php

A-Branger

Reaction score
<3 <3 wish I had the 3k$ to buy myself one, I love the majesty, but this sparkle version with neck binging jsut hit the fan for me <3 <3

ca someone donate some money for my GAS? :)

also wish Myung had a differnt taste in colors too. ITs all black boring bongos for him tho :/

Sermo Lupi

Reaction score
Spotted the purple sparkle Majesty on stage last night. Looked great!
That thing draws a lot of attention...

Is he using any of the original JP6s on the tour? I.E. the 2001 model?

I suppose the JP16 was more or less spec'd out to replace the older models, but it'd be a little sad to not see him use the JP6 live again now that there's the opportunity. All the more so considering that Petrucci has said in the past that that guitar represents the sound he was going for on those early DT records (which obviously were originally recorded on Ibanez guitars, which in turn influenced the design of the the JP6).

I suspect not wanting to go back to the older body style is a big reason why the JP16 exists. Is he even using the JP16 very much on the new tour, however? Or is it mostly the majesty?

Sermo Lupi

Reaction score
<3 <3 wish I had the 3k$ to buy myself one, I love the majesty, but this sparkle version with neck binging jsut hit the fan for me <3 <3

ca someone donate some money for my GAS? :)

also wish Myung had a differnt taste in colors too. ITs all black boring bongos for him tho :/

If it makes you feel any better, the sparkle majesty guitars were NAMM exclusives. Orders were only open on NAMM weekend through participating retailers...or at least that's what I remember reading on the EBMM forums several weeks ago.

A-Branger

Reaction score
If it makes you feel any better, the sparkle majesty guitars were NAMM exclusives. Orders were only open on NAMM weekend through participating retailers...or at least that's what I remember reading on the EBMM forums several weeks ago.

I know, one of the ones selling it was dubaldo music. But althug yes, it was a NAMM weekend only, they say they still have some available. So they order extra

3200$ for the purple one with binding, and 2900$ for the gold one that comes with no binding

Gold-Sparkle-John-Petrucci-Majesty-2-80x80@2x.jpg

Purple-Majesty-2-80x80.jpg

considering they have the PDN starry night majesty at 2950$ and the new monarchy series in 3000$ I think the prices are pretty dam good, if not great for a not only beautiful looking majesty but for a way more limited edition one of a kind guitar than a normal PDN run

they also have the Koa top with the big shield, but that one its 4000$

Sermo Lupi

Reaction score
I know, one of the ones selling it was dubaldo music. But althug yes, it was a NAMM weekend only, they say they still have some available. So they order extra

3200$ for the purple one with binding, and 2900$ for the gold one that comes with no binding

considering they have the PDN starry night majesty at 2950$ and the new monarchy series in 3000$ I think the prices are pretty dam good, if not great for a not only beautiful looking majesty but for a way more limited edition one of a kind guitar than a normal PDN run

they also have the Koa top with the big shield, but that one its 4000$

Right on. Yeah, DuBaldo is one of the only dealers to interact much with the community, so most news comes from them (well, him). Actually, I don't even know if those guitars were available through any other dealer aside from DuBaldo's Music...

Weird that all that NAMM stuff is still in stock. There's a decent number of EBMM collectors, and I figured they would've snatched these things up by now. I'm more interested in that Koa Axis than any of the Majesty guitars, though.

gossong

Reaction score
Is he using any of the original JP6s on the tour? I.E. the 2001 model?

I suppose the JP16 was more or less spec'd out to replace the older models, but it'd be a little sad to not see him use the JP6 live again now that there's the opportunity. All the more so considering that Petrucci has said in the past that that guitar represents the sound he was going for on those early DT records (which obviously were originally recorded on Ibanez guitars, which in turn influenced the design of the the JP6).

I suspect not wanting to go back to the older body style is a big reason why the JP16 exists. Is he even using the JP16 very much on the new tour, however? Or is it mostly the majesty?

It was all Majesty! The first set he used a different one for each song, mostly the new monarchy models. And one song with the NOMAC special edition.
The second set, Images&Words, was entirely played on the purple sparkle except for Learning to live. There he used a blue monarchy.

Sermo Lupi

Reaction score
It was all Majesty! The first set he used a different one for each song, mostly the new monarchy models. And one song with the NOMAC special edition.
The second set, Images&Words, was entirely played on the purple sparkle except for Learning to live. There he used a blue monarchy.

Same deal when I saw them on the Astonishing tour; I knew they had a JP16 with them because Maddi showed it off on a rig rundown video, but Petrucci just used the Majesty guitars all night. He really has doubled down on it...RIP to the rest of the JP line! :lol:

GXPO

Reaction score
Same deal when I saw them on the Astonishing tour; I knew they had a JP16 with them because Maddi showed it off on a rig rundown video, but Petrucci just used the Majesty guitars all night. He really has doubled down on it...RIP to the rest of the JP line! :lol:

I honestly don't mind that he doesn't play them.. I mean, all respect to Steve Vai and the Jem series but the updates seem largely superficial for the most part. They know they have a base of collectors and they appeal to that.

The JP line, they're doing something different every time and we're not just talking about a new top etc. We've got Jumbo stainless frets, a 20" radius, finished necks, unfinished necks, boost circuits, baritones, arms scoops, drop tops, angled headstops, neck throughs, bolts ons.. Sigs done right! I look forward to the fanned fret, headless, double neck JPXX. :lol:

I hope they keep producing them whether he plays them or not.

A-Branger

Reaction score
he always plays his newest guitars, thats what I like about him he gives some love to all of them, even if its jsut one song in one tour.

Not like Vai like in your example where he has his main 4 guitars and be done, guitar goes wrong, change the neck, hardware, pickups, everything, but the guitar stays. So all those nice new models they release, chances are he wont play them

many artist do that, they stick to mostly their 1st or 2nd prototype. They are happy and call it a day, they jsut get an extra new production model as a backup

GXPO

Reaction score
he always plays his newest guitars, thats what I like about him he gives some love to all of them, even if its jsut one song in one tour.

Not like Vai like in your example where he has his main 4 guitars and be done, guitar goes wrong, change the neck, hardware, pickups, everything, but the guitar stays. So all those nice new models they release, chances are he wont play them

many artist do that, they stick to mostly their 1st or 2nd prototype. They are happy and call it a day, they jsut get an extra new production model as a backup

I feel almost dirty saying anything negative about Steve Vai, but yeah I think you hit the nail on the head.

I wonder how much longer they can continue to pump out good updates to the JP line and whether they'll do the same with the Majesty.

A-Branger

Reaction score
I think he might jsut have reached the point where hes happy with the specs, so every new release would be just a change in colors/woods tops, or a maple fingerboard with the majesty, or a un-finish neck, small aesthetics changes like that, but the main specs stay the same

unless they want to make a special thing to target some specific buyers like the JP16 with the floyd.

The fact there wasnt a "JP17" this years I think it might proves that??.

')