Ebow Test! Sound Clip Inside.

WrldEtrBenny

Reaction score
So i recently bought an Ebow! :D

It is an amazing little device, i must say.:agreed:

For those of you that don't know what it is, its a small device powered by a 9volt battery that uses a magnetic drive field to vibrate the string, which gives the feeling of infinite 'sustain'.

I used it on one chord, yep one chord; i recorded each string on its own with independent tracks so i could fiddle with the volumes a little. i EQed the final mix a-bit and just used the basic plugins from logic pro x.

after i posted it and listened to it on sound cloud i heard the little bit of distortion that occurs mid way, not sure if sound cloud is the cause or if i missed hearing it during the session:scratch:, but i am aware of it.

Heres the sound clip:
https://soundcloud.com/wrldetrbenny/in-bloom

Tuning:
-D
-A
-F
-C
-G
-C

Chord:
-D
-G
-C
-B
-E
-C

Frets:

Not sure of the name of the chord maybe some one could help me with that?

Let me know what you think.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

imgarrett

Reaction score
pretty cool idea, expand upon that! Funny that you posted this though I just put a fresh battery in my ebow and was toying with it tonight and doing some ambient layer stuff, same as you.

FireInside

.Buried.Breathing.
Reaction score
Clip sounds cool. :yesway:

Personally I find the Ebow to be kinda irritating. I have one I break out periodically. I think I just haven't perfected the "technique" enough. It seems like I really have to fight with it for it to work.

WrldEtrBenny

Reaction score
Thanks guys :yesway:

i forgot to mention that my axefxII was used for this as well, with my USA clean III setting (usa1+usa2) with a little delay and reverb and also some subtle crystals. i added more delay within logic aswell

i will more then likely expand it in to an actually chord progression, but using the same technique of recording one string, because i found it alot of fun playing around with the voicing of the chord and how much it changes the mood/feeling of it.

i might update it with some bass.

')