Edge Pro 7 Tuning Problem

Stormingdust

السفن سترنج أونج
Reaction score
The high e string goes somewhat out of tune after i use the tremelo in both dive bombs and pull ups and it gets pretty annoying. is it ment to be that way or is something wrong?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
How much do you stretch the strings before putting them on?
Has this being doing it regularly or just since your last string change?

Stormingdust

السفن سترنج أونج
Reaction score
How much do you stretch the strings before putting them on?
Has this being doing it regularly or just since your last string change?

What I did was cut off the old 9 gauge stock strings and put some gauge 10 strings. My mistake was that I never really streched any of the strings (Never knew or heard about the importance of streching new strings till today).

So when I wanted to take off the nut pads to strech the strings, I noticed that the A, D and G strings were completely crushed and flat where the nut pads are. So I guess I have to change my strings AGAIN :wallbash:

Anyway how do I know when the string is fully streched?

Kevan

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Also make sure your trem posts and knife edges are cleaned and lubricated.

vigil785

Reaction score
So when I wanted to take off the nut pads to strech the strings, I noticed that the A, D and G strings were completely crushed and flat where the nut pads are. So I guess I have to change my strings AGAIN :wallbash:

Anyway how do I know when the string is fully streched?

It sounds like you are locking your locking pads down too tight. I used to make them so tight it would flatten my strings too because I thought you had to have them super tight. Then when I finally stripped out the screws my guitar teacher told me they only had to be snug to do the job.

But your strings being flattened from the pads shouldnt affect you stretching your strings out. The strings arent going to move much if at all. And the pads are just going to cover up the flat spots again. Its not worth a string change.

Your strings should be completely stretched in when you can tune your guitar and play it and it stays in tune. If you are in a hurry and dont have time to stretch your strings then I usually tune up the guitar, throw it in the case for a day. Then the next day I tune it up and the strings are ready to go.:yesway:

Stormingdust

السفن سترنج أونج
Reaction score
Thanks for taking interest guys, I appreciate your help.

Actually man I tightened the locking pads so much that not only has it made the strings flat but it also cracked the nut (not to a huge degree but still) and somewhat worn the locking pads. So I asked to replace the nut, hopefully in 2 weeks max (the ibanez dealer in my country doesnt have spare parts he needs them to be shipping from japan). I hope i'll do it right this time.

Forgive me RG1527

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
^Be real careful about over tightening stuff.
Once they are tight enough and are clamping the strings down, that's all they need.
Even if it feels like it can tightened further at that point, don't keep going.

Cheesebuiscut

Loves his Q-tuners
Reaction score
The rule for anything on a guitar is "until snug" eh.