Edwards GAS...You feel me??

• Thread starter Gio18
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wakjob

Reaction score
So, how does one go about importing an Edwards? There's eBay, but any other options?

No, their ebay store seems to work just fine. They give some great details on the guitar you're looking at.

When my friends Edwards LP came in, it was slammin'. Way better than we were expecting. He ordered it from their ebay store. No drama or problems.

Oh yeah, we both work part time for a store that deals Gibson. :ugh::nuts::scratch:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

tommychains

That Guy
Reaction score
i feel you, i wanted mana's moi dix mois signature for years. :shred:

e-jf-x.jpg

Raaaaal13

Reaction score
I wanna say that apart from ebay, you can import one via Ishibashi Music. The order just has to be a minimum of 50,000 yen.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I'm an Alexi Laiho fanboy, so I've wanted one of his Edward sigs for a long time. The American market ESP/LTD's have the wrong body shape, and the Import ESP versions with the correct shape are insanely expensive.

I wouldn't mind owning either shape. I like the concept of a larger Rhoads.

Wouldn't mind owning an Alexi Blackie or the Pink Sawtooth.

eal166pinksawtooth.jpg

eal166blacky.jpg

RZKSpieler

Banned
Reaction score
i feel you, i wanted mana's moi dix mois signature for years. :shred:

e-jf-x.jpg

I love Malice Mizer!! That Edwards is WAAAAAAAY cheaper than his ESPs. Those prices are a bit... insane.

I like Mana's guitars, but 21 frets and one pickup is a bit odd to me. They're definitely cool, but I'm not sure how I feel about that.

And is it weird that I think he's incredibly sexy???

Mana-malice-mizer-11894681-227-351.jpg

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
Of course I've GAS'd over edwards guitars! It's the only way for me to (maybe), get a Cygnus so I can be a Leda fanboy.

xxx128

-108 point(s) total
Reaction score
I wanted an edwads until i learned they are made in china.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Even if they are made in China (which is still a rumor), they're finished and get a last QC check in Japan.

As I said before, Rasmus did the same thing with Suhr, and Dingwall with the Combustion, and they got a lot of praise.

Doomlord

Reaction score
Even if they are made in China (which is still a rumor), they're finished and get a last QC check in Japan.

As I said before, Rasmus did the same thing with Suhr, and Dingwall with the Combustion, and they got a lot of praise.

I am really interested in hearing how Edwards guitars match up to the new LTD Elites as the current LTD models have nothing on Edwards.

bouVIP

Reaction score
I have an Edwards E-CY-165CTM and it is amazing. It plays and looks amazing! I definitely plan on getting another Edwards guitar some time soon.

Sicarius

Reggie J Worthington
Reaction score
LTD Elites are just rebadged ESP Standards.

Just like the E-II series are the ESP Standard Series for the Exports.

feilong29

Reaction score
My Alexi Edwards was probably the nicest guitar I've ever owned; I have a custom shop Alexi and the Edwards is easily on par with it! The only downside is that having a single pickup makes it one-trick pony and gets boring after a while. I might try to get one made with a slanted single coil in the neck :D

Sicarius

Reggie J Worthington
Reaction score
That's odd, considering a lot of people equate LTD to mean cheap. Even if it's not the case, I'd bet quite a few people would be turned off by it.
with the way ESP restructured their line up, and that they've come out saying the LTD Elites are made in the same Japanese factory as the standard series, it stands to reason that they're a new standard series model, just with a different badge.

at least to me.

')