Effects loop snake...where the hell can I get one?

• Thread starter Tapew0rm
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Tapew0rm

Reaction score
Is there a company that makes an effects loop snake? :scratch:
Hosa makes regular insert type snakes (quarter inch to quarter inch) but I don't think they make one with only 2 cables in it. My google is weak....

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
instrumentcable.jpg

+

instrumentcable.jpg

+

First%2520Aid%2520-%2520ELectrical%2520Tape.jpg

=

borat.jpg

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
There might be, but it wouldn't be too practical for a company to bother making a snake for just two cables. Just use a cable tidy like I posted, if anything that's better, because you can stick more cables in it later on if you so wish.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
Seriously dude, I would probably just find something and make your own. If you want something that looks neat, could try getting some kind of mesh material similar to what they use on PC power supplies:

power-supply.jpg

Best pic I could find, but you get the idea, some kind of nylon mesh type material. The quick and dirty way is what I posted. I've done it before with MIDI/power going to my Behringer FCB1010, before I snagged a Ground Control Pro with phantom power. Doesn't look neat but it gets the job done and is cheap.

Tapew0rm

Reaction score
Found it! I knew somebody would have had to do something like this. pedalsnake :hbang:

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
PedalSnake.com

Get a 4-channel snake and you can use two for send/return and a couple for power.

El Caco

Djavli te ponesli
Contributor
Reaction score
Lava Cable make custom snakes to your specifications.

The pedalsnake ones look cool but I've read reports of tone suck. You really are better off making your own, a variety of sleeves are available.

newamerikangospel

Tonight.......you
Reaction score
They make "stereo" cable (two 1/4 mono cables combined). I bought a 6 foot/3meter one for about $12 :shrug:

Tapew0rm

Reaction score
They make "stereo" cable (two 1/4 mono cables combined). I bought a 6 foot/3meter one for about $12 :shrug:

I think this is the way to go. After pricing out what I'd need at pedalsnake the grand total was a little over $100. Not worth it for tone suckage. After looking up "dual patch cable" at GC (yuck) it showed exactly what I need minus the angled ends.

')