Effects Signal Chain with Tube Amp Modeler

• Thread starter JosephEMG
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JosephEMG

Guitarrus
Reaction score
Hey guys, I recently made some birthday shopping and finally got all the effects pedals that I wanted. I have a Line 6 HD100 Spider Valve Head (the Mk1, not the Mk2). I'm not sure if they will work fine with my amp because it's a tube modeler.

My Pedals are the following

- Dimebag Crybaby From Hell Wah
- Digitech Jamman Stereo Looper
- TC Electronic Polytune 2 Tuner
- ISP Decimator 2 Noise Supressor
- MXR GT-OD Overdrive

So basically the amp has a power amp in and preamp out. That makes me think that is where the effects loop is located. My question is, how would I connect this to ensure no "tone sucking". I read that the looper works best on the effects loop. But as far as the other 4 pedals go, I've read many different suggestions. Any tips?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sephael

Divine Paradøx
Contributor
Reaction score
Something like: Tuner >wah (nice choice on that one) > OD > suppressor > amp in > pre out > into the looper > back to power amp in.

You can also set the CFH wah to have a dry out from it so you can run guitar to wah and have one dry output to the tuner and one wet output to the OD.

With the looper, it can be placed differently for different results. In the fx loop you are using it to record your finished sound exactly. Instead it can be used after the tuner to record what you play only, letting you for example play around with the wah to effect what is already recorded. Or you can record a couple rifts and then dial in your amp and effects as you are listening to yourself play.

Also give the wah a try in the loop, it is a different sound that some people like. Knowing about how your effects interact in different locations is always useful.

JosephEMG

Guitarrus
Reaction score
Something like: Tuner >wah (nice choice on that one) > OD > suppressor > amp in > pre out > into the looper > back to power amp in.

You can also set the CFH wah to have a dry out from it so you can run guitar to wah and have one dry output to the tuner and one wet output to the OD.

With the looper, it can be placed differently for different results. In the fx loop you are using it to record your finished sound exactly. Instead it can be used after the tuner to record what you play only, letting you for example play around with the wah to effect what is already recorded. Or you can record a couple rifts and then dial in your amp and effects as you are listening to yourself play.

Also give the wah a try in the loop, it is a different sound that some people like. Knowing about how your effects interact in different locations is always useful.

Thanks for the input man! This is how I imagined how the effects chain would be. I wasn't sure though. I would like the looper to record my finished sound, so yeah, it would be placed most likely in the fx loop.

')