Elder Scrolls Online Beta

Choop

uwu
Reaction score
Good to know. Bethesda makes great engines. I really loved Fallout New Vegas compared to Fallout 3.

This could actually have some potential now :D

Fallout 3 used the oblivion engine. Did you try playing unpatched oblivion? :lol: I couldnt even get out of the starting area on the xbox 360 because the floors were missing!

Seriously. I had Fallout 3 on the PC, and it was so unstable that it crashed on a regular basis to the point where I didn't even really want to play it. If it weren't for an unofficial patch, I never would have finished that game. Bethesda didn't even give it enough support to release a good official one that would fix the problems that many people were having with it. -.-

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AxeHappy

Reaction score
Seriously. I had Fallout 3 on the PC, and it was so unstable that it crashed on a regular basis to the point where I didn't even really want to play it. If it weren't for an unofficial patch, I never would have finished that game. Bethesda didn't even give it enough support to release a good official one that would fix the problems that many people were having with it. -.-

Feel free to replace, "...Fallout 3..." with any other game that Bethesda has ever released. Ever.

Choop

uwu
Reaction score
Yeah really. They provide awesome content but the support/stability is usually lacking super hard, sadly. I think Skyrim wasn't too bad on release, much better than previouse games although I did get crashes sometimes and there were definitely bugs throughout.

axxessdenied

Arium Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, it's seems like Bethesda is counting on the modding community to fix their mistakes for them :lol: And, it works!

Aevolve

Yugen.
Reaction score

Were you running Windows 7?

Orsinium

Reaction score
My problem is the games have become progressively simpler through every game, the actual content of the game has gotten smaller while the level design and land mass has gotten bigger. Morrowind with Skyrim graphics and combat would be ideal.

MassNecrophagia

has no friends
Reaction score
My problem is the games have become progressively simpler through every game, the actual content of the game has gotten smaller while the level design and land mass has gotten bigger. Morrowind with Skyrim graphics and combat would be ideal.
It may be somewhere between the two, in terms of graphics.

Like I said originally, my main concern is the depth and quality of the lore.

Compton

Reaction score
One of my buddies just got a job to work on this project, can't wait for beta :)

BrainArt

Deftones Guru.
Reaction score
So, I'm going to start this discussion now.

Which faction do you guys think you're going to choose? I'm going Ebonheart Pact, because Nords are my favorite race in the series.

MassNecrophagia

has no friends
Reaction score
So, I'm going to start this discussion now.

Which faction do you guys think you're going to choose? I'm going Ebonheart Pact, because Nords are my favorite race in the series.
There are a half dozen of us, locally who are going ebonheart pact

Fat-Elf

Banned
Reaction score
Ebonheart for me too. I just can't choose the race. Nord is best by appearance and good at fighting, but I love sneaking and archery so Dark Elf and Argornian are good for those.

BrainArt

Deftones Guru.
Reaction score
Do I smell an SS.Org ESO Ebonheart Pact meetup? :lol:

We should start a guild between those of us in the EP when ESO drops. :yesway:

jbard

\m/
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the servers are going to be 90% Ebonheart. As for the lore concerns I was reading earlier in the thread, there is no lore for this time frame. Only bits and pieces that the devs said they will be building on for the lore in ESO.

BrainArt

Deftones Guru.
Reaction score
There's going to be true TES first-person at launch. Which has me excited, I hate combat in third-person, it feels clunky to me and trying to shoot a target from afar with a bow is difficult as hell.

icos211

Schecter faithful
Reaction score
Well crap, I won't be a special little flower when I choose Ebonheart as well. It would suck if it really was a 90% Ebonheart game. I've played a Nord in every TES since Daggerfell, so I kind of have to be Ebonheart...

In any case, I'm signed up. Given an "above average" rating, which basically means I filled out the "why should we pick you" section. Hopefully having a mac will put me in the needed testers category. And hopefully the game, advertised as being for mac, will actually work on a mac! Unlike so many other unsubstantiated claims of the same thing... :wallbash:

Choop

uwu
Reaction score
I was either wanting to go Khajiit or Wood Elf, so Aldmeri Dominion it is for me! :D Not that I hate the other alliances, I just hope the balance isn't dramatically one-sided.

BrainArt

Deftones Guru.
Reaction score
Well crap, I won't be a special little flower when I choose Ebonheart as well. It would suck if it really was a 90% Ebonheart game. I've played a Nord in every TES since Daggerfell, so I kind of have to be Ebonheart...

In any case, I'm signed up. Given an "above average" rating, which basically means I filled out the "why should we pick you" section. Hopefully having a mac will put me in the needed testers category. And hopefully the game, advertised as being for mac, will actually work on a mac! Unlike so many other unsubstantiated claims of the same thing... :wallbash:

Here are a couple videos from the press event that give a little more information on the game:

Video #1:

Video #2:

')