Elder Scrolls Online Beta

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Fat-Elf

Banned
Reaction score
I have heard rumours that it will have a monthly-subscription like World of Warcraft. I really hope it will not even if it would mean a better game. :(

BrainArt

Deftones Guru.
Reaction score
I haven't heard anything about how they plan on formatting pay. I hope it's not a subscription. I'll still play it and pay the subscription, but I would prefer it to be pay once for the base game then a smaller fee for expansions when they come out.

pink freud

Reaction score
I'm on the fence in regards to sub vs micro.

Rift is sub, and it's (or was, as I haven't played in forever) a great MMO.
SWTOR was sub, now micro, and in both states it kinda sucked.
GW2 is (sorta) F2P and it was interesting until you reach the utter lack of end-game.
PS2 is fun enough at base entry, but if you want goodies you need to grind your ass off or be prepared to deal with a LOT of micro, as it is all character based.

Long story short, if they make the game good enough it's worth 15 a month from me (and since I always buy a year it usually ends up 10 or under per month). That's like two coffees.

TheHandOfStone

E♭M7(♭5)
Reaction score
I'd prefer a sub model over a micro one any day, honestly. I'd rather pay for opportunities than actual goods - it makes me feel like I actually accomplished something.

Orsinium

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone got into this beta I heard the private went live but I was not contacted

TheHandOfStone

E♭M7(♭5)
Reaction score
From what I understand, the Beta isn't an ongoing thing so much as a series of events. They contact people based on their (stated) qualifications matching what they're looking to test. Not everyone will be involved continuously - they're trying to get a wide range of feedback and perspectives. So really, you could get a notification at any time in the future.

TheHandOfStone

E♭M7(♭5)
Reaction score
I got in!

Your BETA SESSION Starts FRIDAY AT 6:00PM EST
From Friday, November 22nd at 6:00pm EST
Until Sunday, November 24th at 11:59pm EST

Unfortunately, this is a very busy time in my life - I am in the process of finalizing my grad school applications, on top of part-time work and auditing a class.

Nonetheless, I should be able to play for an hour or two. I wish I could tell you guys stuff, but it seems as if I can't. So apply for the beta now!

TheHandOfStone

E♭M7(♭5)
Reaction score
You can't. :squint:

I literally just got this email out of the blue after applying months ago, and forgetting about it entirely. :lol:

Compton

Reaction score
I got into beta this weekend too, I won't be able to play much saturday though. TBH, even though i've spent over 500 hours on skyrim, nothing i've seen from beta from TESO looks that intriguing D: but i'll post some info after i get into the game and see how it goes.

Tommy

Terribly Unlucky
Reaction score
I got in this weekend!

It kinda sucks that I use a Mac, so I sent them off an email so that they will deactivate my account right now and give me a new beta code whenever they do the Mac beta... I was so excited too. :(

Sofos

СофоƆ
Reaction score
I got into beta this weekend too, I won't be able to play much saturday though. TBH, even though i've spent over 500 hours on skyrim, nothing i've seen from beta from TESO looks that intriguing D: but i'll post some info after i get into the game and see how it goes.

You can't. It's against the Terms of Service. You agreed not to disclose any information.

pink freud

Reaction score
You can't. It's against the Terms of Service. You agreed not to disclose any information.

He can't give any game details, but he can give us his impressions. Was the combat responsive? Is the game intuitive? Did he get sucked in, or did he find himself wanting to be doing something else?

Reaction score
Played alittle tonight. I've played multiple times on oblivion and skyrim finishing everything possible. This just doesn't do it for me. Its cool but not the same. I know its not supposed to be though. I'm lost, have no clue whats going on, lots of bugs keep making me restart or get kicked off. The voices are laughable, they sound like the Microsoft voice generator thingy. Hope they fix that for release. You never know whats going on due to all the people on the screen, you can easily find points of interest though from all the people standing around being engaged in dialog or reading ect. idk, I'll check it out some more but I'm just not digging it.

xvultures

Cognizance
Reaction score
Everytime I try to get on the only server I see is "Live" and it's locked. Did I miss out?

')