Elder Scrolls Online Beta

Vanzeplica

Reaction score
I've been playing it for a few months and haven't been very impressed.

Feels like a mod for wow to be honest, pretty generic.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

eddygdk

Reaction score
I'm not really into MMOs but my friends and i got beta keys and we had a lot of fun. yes it was super buggy but very manageable.

Metal_Webb

Needs more strings
Reaction score
Got early access and bought the Imperial edition, why? It's a Bethesda game, they put out good games right? Play it for an hour and all I have is a bad taste in my mouth.
The game looks hideous, the artstyle is so bland. The second quest I was on failed to have stuff load so I couldn't even do it. Really not happy atm :wallbash:

DMONSTER

SS.org Dweller
Reaction score
I as well think they did a great job. A few moments I forgot I was even playing an mmo. Feels like an Elder Scrolls game.:yesway:

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm curious about this. I've played a few MMOs in my time, going back to 2001. However, I keep coming back to World of Warcraft. Every "innovative" game just hasn't held up like WoW has, such as Aion, SWTOR, even Guild Wars 2. So I am a bit skeptical of this game as well, in spite of its pedigree.

What the world needs is a good sandbox MMO.

SpaceDock

Shred till your dead
Reaction score
I've been playing it for months in the beta, it gets better every couple weeks as they fix the bugs and up the content. I will be buying it.

It is a great game, definitely better than WoW or GW2, imo. I do not think it is as polished as Skyrim was at launch, but I think they believe they can get away with that since it is fully online and patchable.

There were some huge problems last weekend when I was on beta, quest issues, sound problems, AI bugs. I think it will just take time.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
It is a great game, definitely better than WoW or GW2, imo. I do not think it is as polished as Skyrim was at launch, but I think they believe they can get away with that since it is fully online and patchable.

I do not think it is as polished as Skyrim was at launch, but I think they believe they can get away with that since it is fully online and patchable.

I do not think it is as polished as Skyrim was at launch

So we can still expect backwards dragons, flying horses and giants that should be scouted by major league baseball teams? :lol:

AxeHappy

Reaction score
I was getting ready to do exactly that.

Bethesda can't polish a game 5 years after it's been released, let alone at launch.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
I was getting ready to do exactly that.

Bethesda can't polish a game 5 years after it's been released, let alone at launch.

Indeed. In their defense though, Bethesda bugs are a totally different phenomenon than regular bugs. Regular bugs crash your game or make it so that you can't progress. Bethesda bugs are more hilarious than anything else. :lol:

SpaceDock

Shred till your dead
Reaction score
So we can still expect backwards dragons, flying horses and giants that should be scouted by major league baseball teams? :lol:

I was walking through walls and unable to equip certain weapon types (long swords) and encountered a few unfinishable quest bugs two weeks ago. they weren't very entertaining.

Choop

uwu
Reaction score
Kinda bummed about the state of this game so far. It had a lot of potential, but doesn't seem to have changed much (if at all) from the beta I played months ago. TBH, I would've been far more excited for an online multiplayer addition to Skyrim or something more akin to that.

AxeHappy

Reaction score
Indeed. In their defense though, Bethesda bugs are a totally different phenomenon than regular bugs. Regular bugs crash your game or make it so that you can't progress. Bethesda bugs are more hilarious than anything else. :lol:

Beth games do have glitches like these more than any other "top" teir company.

But they also have plenty of game breaking or CTD bugs as well.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
I watched a friend play for a few minutes last night. It looked... fine, I guess. Nothing really blew me away. :shrug:

Don Vito

Reaction score
Oh, the subscription will probably drive me away. I don't put enough time into games for that :(

pink freud

Reaction score
Beth games do have glitches like these more than any other "top" teir company.

But they also have plenty of game breaking or CTD bugs as well.

I'd say Obsidian competes for that spot as well.

SpaceDock

Shred till your dead
Reaction score
I am really on the fence about buying this today.... so much yard work to do since it's spring, but so many quests to complete....damn you home ownership :mad:

AxeHappy

Reaction score
I'd say Obsidian competes for that spot as well.

I would agree with the caveat that Obsidian catches tons of flak for it instead of getting a free pass. And they also tend to have less. And release patches that fix them. Or try to at least. Heh.

SpaceDock

Shred till your dead
Reaction score
I've been playing since the weekend, it is much better than in beta. I think they had a lower grade texture pack or something, idk, the graphics are way better. Still a ton of weird bugs and some lag here and there.

This game really ups the questing and almost entirely drops looting, very different play style.

')