Elder Scrolls Online Beta

TheHandOfStone

E♭M7(♭5)
Reaction score
Sign-ups for the beta were just opened yesterday. They're only taking a limited number of people (obviously...), but you can try your chances here.

Is anyone else gonna try and get in? They gauged my chances as "above average," but with tens of thousands of applicants that's still not good. :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
I'm gonna try get into the beta, as I'm not wasting my time and money on an MMO unless I know it's good. Barely played Guild Wars 2 since that came out.

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
Meh. I signed up and have an "average" chance. Ah well, the worst they can do is tell me "no", right? :)

Hemi-Powered Drone

Dragonblade629
Reaction score
It said I had Excellent chances, I hope the fact that I'm working as a software tester right now will give me an edge.

pink freud

Reaction score
Be interesting to see if they can put out an Elder Scrolls game that will still be liked WITHOUT modding.

Hemi-Powered Drone

Dragonblade629
Reaction score
It's not so much that people don't like the games without modding, it's that people exhaust the games potential without modding quickly.

pink freud

Reaction score
It's not so much that people don't like the games without modding, it's that people exhaust the games potential without modding quickly.

For some things, other things not so much. Take the menus in Skyrim. For your personal inventory it isn't so bad, but heaven forbid you don't meticulously segregate chests-per-type-of-item without installing some sort of "Sort-my-shit" mod.

I have this fear that they will pull a SWTOR and forget that MMOs need some things that single player games don't.

The game economy will be another issue. Bethesda has had three very different economies in the last three ES games. Morrowind was messed up because you would get item drops that would have 100,000+ gold value and the max gold inventory of a vendor would be 5,000. Oblivion was more balanced, and Skyrim actually requires a fair amount of grinding/collecting EVERYTHING to become "rich." They haven't quite figured out what they want their 100% controlled economy to be like, I'm not so sure they can handle an MMO economy.

I'll still try it, of course.

Sicarius

Reggie J Worthington
Reaction score
I've beta'd a lot of MMO games, and played a fair share that I didn't.

I've got an "excellent" chance of getting in, as well.

It was my old WoW Guild that put me over.

JPhoenix19

Playing life by ear
Reaction score
I signed up when it opened up. When I first heard about it I was skeptical, but seeing some of the footage has me excited.

Mage all the way!

SpaceDock

Shred till your dead
Reaction score
I signed up, I have been playing elder scrolls for a long time. Hopefully I get picked!

troyguitar

Reaction score
Went to sign up but I apparently have to do it from my actual gaming computer and not my laptop as you have to paste in your dxdiag info... They should put that at the top so people don't waste time filling out the rest of it :lol:

Fat-Elf

Banned
Reaction score
My friend forced me to sign up. My chances are "above average" but I wouldn't still count on it. Well, I did get into the beta test of CS:GO but that was a bit different. :D

AxeHappy

Reaction score
It's an MMORPG.

Everything. They're going to simplify everything. Including the graphics, which is about the only thing they've had going for them for a while now...

MassNecrophagia

has no friends
Reaction score
It's an MMORPG.

Everything. They're going to simplify everything. Including the graphics, which is about the only thing they've had going for them for a while now...
As long as there's a metric fuck-tonne of interesting lore, I don't expect to be dissapointed.

')