Electroharmonix HOG

Sephael

Divine Paradøx
Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone own one or even just tried one out? I'm looking into one, mainly to use the octaves with fuzz, but can't find any samples if it being used this way so was wondering if anyone had any insight. Digging the versatility it seems to offer, but I'm primarily looking for an octave pedal (up and sub) to use with fuzz so if it isn't great for that purpose I need to start checking out other options.

Which brings up: what's your favorite octave pedal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
The HOG is expensive, but it's got more than enough features. But in terms of just using octaves, consider the EH Micro POG instead for a more cheaper and simple alternative. Basically the same quality octaves as the POG/HOG but without the extra frills.

As for octave pedals, depends. I like my Micro POG, Digitech Whammy, and Boss OC2, and PS5 all for different reasons. Then again I use them all differently.

Sephael

Divine Paradøx
Contributor
Reaction score
Plenty of examples on YouTube.
Plenty of samples of it sounding like an organ, or with clean tones, but I couldn't find any with it combined with fuzz.

Don't get me wrong, I plan to use it for way more than octaves for fuzz if I get it, but I want to make sure it works great for that before I spend that much (no doubt I'll probably be getting the memory board with it too).

Sephael

Divine Paradøx
Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks, bit thinner fuzz than I plan on, but they really give an idea of how well it will work

mongey

Reaction score
I got one . it was on my board for ages but has just come off.thinking of selling. its really good at what it does but with the unit, the preset pedal and expression pedal it takes allot of room

I may keep it to use in recordings but live it was too much for the 3 or 4 times in a set I used it . it isd the best tracking octave pedal I've ever heard ,but its also the most expensive . does some really great stuff

')